Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2006

FrieNds
For some reason tonight i got a litte weepy. I am blaming it on the olympics and the fact that Jeff is at work all night tonight. But I started thinking of a few things...
Two of my greatest friends are going off to college. They are both graduating from High School in a few months. I love these girls so much and they have become two great friends to me and they don't even know it, because to them i am just a youth leader from chruch. It has been exciting talking to them about going away to college. They have no idea how great it can be, and i have no way of really telling them.
My freshman year at BYU ('89) was one of the greatest years of my life, the year I got off my mission comes in at a close tie. It was a great year because I became there girl i never felt i could in high school, my testimony of my chruch became stronger, i went skiing for the first time, (thank you Emily & Jen what a horrible day for you) I met and fell in love with my husband ( or as he would say started stalking him) and I made some life long friends.
The above photo is of me, Michelle (bride) and Jill. This was the day after Michelle was married at her reception in SLC. I have never admited this but it was because of Michelle's wedding I used the colors Blue and White. I even had the guys wear polka dotted ties like Jill's dress. Michelle and I were roomates in S Hall in DT. She was from PA and I was from NM. To me she was the city mouse with all the style and I was the country mouse with NO style. She had the beautiful flowing hair and I straw with a perm (oh how scary) I just realized the other day that both Michelle and I fell in love our freshman year and married the man of our dreams. And we found them in class. Good thing I went to class that year.
In the past month I have reconnected with three of my freshman friends and it has been wonderful and made me feel young again. Jill, Jen and Michelle I love you girls.
COED Naked Rules!!!
And to Shalyce and Danielle I am going to miss you! Get ready for the time of your life!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks Krisi--I'm so glad we reconnected too. You were very fortunate that BYU was such a good experience for you and that you met Jeff so early. I loved the dorm and friends aspect of BYU but I struggled with the rest. I didn't meet Randy until January 1993 so that was almost 4 years of watching everyone else fall in love and get married (I was roommates with Michelle when she was engaged remember). That was tough.

Jill said...

My eyebrows look like they're taking up half my face in that picture. Apparently that was before plucking them like crazy was fashionable (except that you and Michelle look normal).

michelle said...

This is probably my favorite post you have done so far (and not just because I'm in it!). Well, maybe because I'm in it -- It brought back a lot of memories for me as well. I don't know if I've EVER seen that photo! That was also a great year for me and I'm also excited that we're back in touch. I love that you shared how you're feeling and I hope that your YW girls realize how much they mean to you. (Jill, the reason my eyebrows look the same is that I never really tweezed then and hardly ever do it now!)