Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2006


SunDay BeSt
A few years ago my girlfirend Krissi J. called me out of the blue. She was living in North Carolina and I in Tennessee (funny story her husband and Jeff grew up together and then ended up at Graduate School together in New Orleans) I had not talked to her in awhile but she called just to tell me that she discovered the ultimate shirt for Jeremy. It is was a non iron dress shirt from Brooks Brothers. She said I know it seems a little pricey but you will save moeny in the end. You will never have to dry clean it. It is truly wash and wear. I was happy to talk to her but didn't think much about going to get one of those shirts. Since Jeff wears the same outfit everyday I really didn't think it would matter. Oh was I wrong.
Last year my dad bought one of these shirts for Jeff as a gift. I wish I would have listened to Krissi sooner. It is the greatest dress shirt of all time. Truly wash and wear. Comes out of the dryer ironed. I even had it sitting in there over night and still come out perfect. Jeff calls it the ultimate Dad shirt. He can wear it to church and after holding at least one baby for three hours he has no wrinkles. (It makes a great Father's Day gift) Jeff doesn't care as much about the dry cleaning as he is just happy to wear a shirt all day and it looks like he just put it on. He now has two shirts and they are the only ones he wears. They are $75 but truly worth every penny! There are a ton of outlets out there and are worth looking for. Here is a link to popular clothing stores and their online coupons, free shipping and current sales going on. I linked it to the Brooks Brothers coupons.
I have learned my lesson that when Krissi J. calls to tell me something I will listen!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Why must you torment me with all of these expensive items? They sound great, especially because I very rarely iron, but $75, even if it ends up being worth it that would be a major hit on the old bank account. Ouch.

Amie said...

I like to get the "no iron" shirts and then iron them, then they really look fabulous. Our favorite are the Joseph and Feiss Perfect Pinpoint. If I remember right we got them on sale for $40 at Men's Warehouse. Thanks for all your fun tips!