Pages

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

moNey tRee.
a year ago today i received this awesome gift. It was the day before i went into the hosptial to have sweet sally Jane. my young women from church (at the time i was in the YW presidency) came over the night before i delivered and brought me this tree with $1.00 and $2.00 bills on it totallying over $120, for me to buy something for the baby. It was incredible. it was such a generous gift.
I had had a rough few last weeks of my pregnancy emotionally and physcially and these girls were such a huge help. I had one girl take Annie Kate every day during spring break for a special "Annie Kate" camp. Two girls made me a calendar and one of them came over every night to give Caroline a bath since I could not lift her up.
i had a really hard time understanding why i had a calling that seemed so time consuming. The two years i was in there i had two babies. But i then learned that it was because i had not just two visiting teachers to help me i had 2 visiting teachers, 20 girls and 20 mothers who helped me through a difficult journey. I love those girls! Remembering Sally Jane's birth is better because of the service you gave me during this time last year.

3 comments:

Jill said...

What a cool and thoughtful gift. It's also excellent that you were able to see that you had 20 s and 20 mothers to help you, instead of just 2 visiting teachers. What a blessing.

Amie said...

That's a touching story, it's nice to look back and see the completed puzzle and be able to see the bigger picture and how it really was what you needed at that time.

michelle said...

That's so fun! I loved hearing about how the girls helped you in so many ways. Isn't it hard to believe that it's been a year since you had Sally Jane?