Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2006


romance!
The above photo is a napkin i just found in a box this weekend that was given to Jeff and I right after we got married.
The night of the reception that we had at my parents house one of my moms friends had taken a sampling of food from that night and put it on a tray with flowers and had it sitting on our bed with this napkin beside it. I have never forgotten this and actually gave someone a bedside tray table for a wedding gift with this inscribed on the table. I loved it. Jeff and I were so hungry and i remember sitting there eating everything on the plate and laughing and kissing.

This week jeff worked over 100 hours. he came home from work this morning with two consecutive sleepless nights, unshaven, exhausted and the first thing he did when he walked in was kiss me. He then put all three girls in the bike trailer and rode them around the neighborhood so i could have 15 minutes to myself.
12 years ago when i married him i thought i knew what being in love with him was and that giving me flowers was romantic. It has taken me a long time to realize that jeff's way of showing me he loves me is by the silent acts of service ... and the flowers and chocolate are just the icing on the cake.

Napkin:

Jeff & Kristi,
Keep passion and romance alive in your marriage for many years - forever by eating rasberries and chocolate mint brownies in bed without napkins and under the covers. You enjoy life and live spontaneously. - A bed without crumbs is a marriage without romance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good advice for sure! Love it!

Jill said...

What an awesome thing for someone to tell you as a newlywed. You two are so cute together and Jeff is such an awesome husband and dad. I wish you many years of brownie crumbs in bed.

Jennifer said...

This is the best! So many true words of wisdom come in this form-someone's last minute thoughts shared with us in hopes of adding happiness to our lives. I have watched your marriage from a distance over the years and often suspected that you and Jeff both have a wonderful marriage because of the service you show for each other. Don't forget the many, many ways and hours you serve Jeff and your family making his career possible!

michelle said...

That is so sweet! I love that. It sounds like you and Jeff are so good for each other. I'm totally impressed with the things that he does after coming home from work and not sleeping.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that, Kristi. I never did know what our friends actually left you on the bed. Is it too late to start serving brownies in bed?

Jill said...

I think I'd frame the napkin and keep it on the wall or on the dresser in my bedroom. What a cool thing to have, so awesome that you took good care of it all these years.

Amie said...

So cute, Jeff sounds so thoughtful. Jimmy used to work over 100 hours a week, luckily he stopped when we had Jessica. I can't imagine how you do it now with 3 little ones!

I love the napkin. When we had only been married a short time I made Jimmy breakfast in bed...he got up and carried it to the kitchen and sat down and ate. Then I was irritated, he totally didn't get it...apparently he HATES crumbs in the bed. Since then I have learned not to have hurt feelings over something dumb... we eat in the kitchen at our house. But happy crumbs in bed to you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.