Pages

Wednesday, August 02, 2006



Come out, come out wherever you are..

Customer Service allie aliie all come free!

I miss that old thing called customer service. Today was a red letter day of wishing that concept was still around. I know it still exists but it is just harder to find. I took the girls to the mall to fight off the heat. They have a big play place there. (it was so hot that the mall was too hot!)
We did a little school shopping and missed that old friend Mr. Customer service.
Wherever you are hiding come on out!


"There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else."
Sam Walton


Funny side note, I used to work at the Gap in college and got in trouble for talking too much to the customers and not selling enough socks and folding. I guess I was on the other extreme. But one customer and I became really good friends. Her kids are all grown and married now and we still exchange Christmas cards after 15 years.

5 comments:

TX Girl said...

I didn't know you were another Gap Inc girl- 10 years with Banana. It was tough to give it up.

You are so personable, it doesn't surprise me you made a life long friend while folding sweaters.

Jill said...

I love it when I get good customer service and try to let them know how much I appreciate it. I recently had very good service at Seagull Books and at Famous Footwear.

michelle said...

Where do you find those photos? Incredible.

While shopping with my mom the other day at Nordstrom, she asked a girl at the Bobbi Brown counter if she could return a product if it turned out she didn't like it. The salesgirl said, "We don't have a return policy. This is Nordstrom." You gotta love that!

Another place with great customer service is Costco. Now if only my beloved Target would get on board...

Amie said...

You crack me up - exchanging Christmas cards for 15 years with someone you met at Gap - that's awesome!

Bevan said...

That is funny that Sam Walton said that because my last trip to Wal Mart....