Pages

Friday, August 04, 2006

one dozen
. . . . . .

Jeff and I have been married a dozen years today.

I fell in love (ok at 19 I didn't fall in love but massive lustfully like!) with him at first sight our freshman year at college, and married him 5 years later and then 5 years after that we started our family.
I love Jeff, I feel safe with Jeff.

Last night I found my journal entry after my first date with Jeff, April 17, 1990. Then I read my journal for the 1 year that we dated and were engaged. Great memories. What I wrote numerous of times was how attracted I was to Jeff's confidence in himself. Still to this day it is something I love about him.
Jeff I love you and I hope that the years get "cheaper by the dozen".

Few of my favorite marriage quotes. Feel free to share any marriage advice with me today!
The middle years of marriage are the most crucial.
In the early years, spouses want each other and in
late years, they need each other.

- Rebecca Tilly


Marriage brings greater possibilities for happiness
than does any other human relationship.

-Russel M. Nelson
12 things I remember about the day I got married
  1. the heat it was like 107
  2. Seeing Adam cry when I came out of the temple
  3. a lady from my mission had called the temple that morning and scripted a note on the phone that was given to me when I was getting ready
  4. my best friend patiently waiting to help in anyway she could, it still means so much to me that she was there!
  5. our wedding cake tasted gross, or so everyone says.
  6. David Maready taking our wedding photos
  7. eating at Cutlers for lunch
  8. The Washington School Inn
  9. saying in the ceremony "this is the best thing I have done all summer" silly me!
  10. blue and white polka dot ties
  11. having my younger brothers throw rice pellets in my eyes, can you say scratched cornea?
  12. doing the EFY cheer with all my EFY kids that came to the reception
"I Will" (our song)
Who knows how long I've loved you
You know I love you still
Will I wait a lonely life time
If you want me to I will

For if I ever saw you
I didn't catch your name
But it never really mattered
I will always feel the same

Love you forever and forever
Love you with all my heart
Love you whenever we're together
Love you when we're apart

And when at last I find you
Your song will fill the air
Sing it loud so I can hear you
Make it easy to be near you
For the things you do endear you to me
And you know I will
I will

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Can't believe it has been twelve years. I remember the heat and I remember your hair in curlers and how excited you were!!! May the next twelve years be most enjoyable- and many more after that...love, heather
ps. did you read my email?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations & Happy anniversary! The best advise I've ever had given to me is this; Remember to treat your spouse & kids as nice as you treat your friends. I don't know why, but if I'm upset with my husband or one of the kids, that thought makes me wonder if I'm treating them the same way I would treat my friend if I was upset with my friend. I don't know if that makes sense, but just thought I'd share.

Happy Anniversary again! I'm sure ya'll will have many, many more wonderful years, with tons of fun stories to share with us in blog land :-)

Elisa said...

That is such a sweet post! Happy Anniversary! I remember when we received your wedding announcment I thought Jeff was very handsome and you looked beautiful. I remember your mom talking about wedding dress shopping and if I remember correctly you almost had one made and then found the flower one. She had said the dress was "sooo Kristi". I remember that when you got married I was at Freedom Academy, and was so sad I had missed it. Especially since my dad let my whole family take a carriage ride around Temple Square!!

My cake wasn't very tasty (or cute) either:)

TX Girl said...

Happy Anniversary. You look so adorable in the photo.

Anonymous said...

Happy Day! I always love hearing how much you adore Jeff and hope you guys have a super great day. You guys look so sweet in that picture.

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the day with us.

"Marriage is made in heaven...so is lightning and thunder."

skbkmjfamily said...

happy anniversary,

You are the coolest looking couple ever. You can tell from all your posts what kind of relationship and love you have. A great example to your kids. Enjoy the day.and Love the picture

Liz said...

Congratulations! I love your memories of your wedding day! Isn't it funny the things we remember about big events in our lives? I remember my parents getting into a fight on the way to the temple the day I got married. How funny is that? I won't ever forget it, that's for sure. I hope that you have a wonderful anniversary with many more happy years ahead of you!

Amie said...

Happy Anniversary. Very cute post. I love hearing about you and Jeff you seem really good together. I really like both quotes you used. Weird to think we are in the "middle years."

everything pink! said...

i didn't get your email, so i emailed j.C. to get your home address to send you the pink christmas stuff, try to email me again so i can get your email too.

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the photo!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! Twelve years, that I'm sure were amazing, is something to be proud of.

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are such a great couple. I wish you many, many, many more happy years together.

Bevan said...

I will never forget what you made me wear...

I had a blue tie with very large white dots. Khakis, Tan coloured shooes. I think the shirts were blue and white stripes?

You made up for it with the food. The all-you-can-eat egg rolls were awsome.

Also, Sarah and I were hit up by some Anti's on the way to the temple. They "prayed" with us I think. Sarah and I were freaked out.

Also, I knew Jeff had a cool family because the first thing Sharon said to me was, "Have you seen the movie Ace Ventura?" I was like, yup, Jeff has a cool Mom.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you have a wonderful day full of many wonderful memories. It is so fun to "relive" your wedding day and get those same excited feelings! I loved hearing that you did an EFY cheer with your kids! You must have been one awesome counselor. Is someone watching your kids so you can go out?
I received so many words of wisdom when we got married, but the one that I stil think about everyday is to wake up each morning and think of how you are going to help your spouse feel important and loved.
Have a great day!

jenny said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great day. Love the photo.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great photo. You both look fantastic. Gotta love the "90s BYU Hair" on Jeff. Mark's was just like that. I don't think you guys need any advice. You have been hanging on to each other for some wild rides the past 12 years.

Your post is an awesome example of my feeling that you should always let everyone know what an amazing person your spouse is and never tell anyone the dumb stuff they do. The dumb stuff people remember forever. All the best to you both.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great photo. You both look fantastic. Gotta love the "90s BYU Hair" on Jeff. Mark's was just like that. I don't think you guys need any advice. You have been hanging on to each other for some wild rides the past 12 years.

Your post is an awesome example of my feeling that you should always let everyone know what an amazing person your spouse is and never tell anyone the dumb stuff they do. The dumb stuff people remember forever. All the best to you both.

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day full of lots of love and smiles.

mimi said...

Happy Anniversary Jeff and Kristi! I have so many great memories of that weekend in Salt Lake.

1-meeting the Great Cutler family for the first time.
2-both families staying at the Inn at Temple Square
3-the shower given by Heather Cook at the hotel the night before
4- Kristi wearing white leather keds
with satin bows
5. Jeff and his great hair and red tie. I loved it.
6. all the brothers (6 in all) in those polka dot ties and matching suede shoes.
7. the many people who came to the Joseph Smith Memorial for the reception.
8. Kristi's Dad & his love for his daughter.
9. Jaff and Kristi kneeling at the altaer.
10. And it was HOT!

Emily C said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy I checked your blog today! Happy Anniversary! That is amazing, 12 great years. I loved your quotes, and I love seeing happy couples!

michelle said...

Happy anniversary, Kristi and Jeff. Your love for each other is inspiring to me, you seem to have such a great relationship. What could be cuter than navy and white polka-dot ties?

Adam Buchanan said...

Ok so my side of the whole day! How bout zooming in a little closer on the group shots...I was born to wear sandals with a tie.

And how bout those dang ties! You know someone made a flippin pillow case out of them by now. No they were great just ya know...blue! with dots!

Chicken on a sweet action stick! holy cow those were good. and how bout my canker sore the size of montana on my tongue.

Oh oh and the sweet jeep we trashed with newspaper and the first time i saw a ...call me if you want to know what. Ill give you a hint, it existed in the car by the time we had completed the damage to the jeep.