Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sacred Heart.
Trying to get a photo of Caroline is near impossible. She very rarely looks at the camera. So this was a miracle. (I bribed her with 5 chocolate chips)
I loved seeing her in this dress on Sunday. It is a school uniform from New Orleans from a school called Sacred Heart. you can't really tell but there are smocked hearts across the front. The students wore these up to 5th grade. It was the cutest thing to see them play outside near our home there.
My friend C.P. and I bought these for our girls. I had Annie kate's name monogrammed on the collar. Once I get my machine back I will the other collar with Caroline's name and then when Sally Jane wears it I will do the back of the collar.
I love this dress and it brings such great memories.

9 comments:

Kari Lynne said...

She is so sweet in that picture. I miss hearing her cute little voice everyday. We got spoil when we got to come visit for a week. I miss having nieces and nephews live close by.

Liz said...

Cute, cute dress! I love that you bought one of those, and especially embroidered the names on the collar, how neat! You are the woman!!

Jill said...

She's so cute, what a great picture and great story. Her lip looks good, I keep expecting to see major stitches and a mess, but she looks really good.

Elisa said...

I have never seen a school uniform like that. So cute! I have always disliked how the school uniforms get turned sexy...you know the whole Britney Spears thing. I love this dress because it is cute and sweet and little.
What a great memory from New Orleans!

TX Girl said...

Ahh- I always loved Sacred Heart. I didn't know you could buy a uniform w/o a kid there. I'm actually headed there this weekend and might need to go pick one up. Along with my 20 other things (although mostly food) I always get when I go to NOLA.

becca said...

I think that is adorable, especially for a school uniform! I am all for uniforms of any kind, but I would just have to imagine that little girls in dresses like that would be very well behaved!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi! Love, love, love the dress! It will be an heirloom someday and one that your girls are going to want their own daughters to wear. Hearing you mention Sacred Heart makes me miss dear New Orleans. I always used to love seeing the kids in their school uniforms.

Anonymous said...

Love that dress, but the little girl inside it is precious!!! What an adorable picture.

Unknown said...

Oh that is so cute! I love the little smocked hearts across the top. Smocking is not very common/popular around here, I wish it was more-so. My friends sister-in-law is from tenessee and when they come to visit she has her little girl in smocked dresses and she looks so sweet. I love that as a school uniform, what a great idea!