I am not a great cook, or even a good cook. I think it is because I don't do a good job of following the recipes and never seem to have everything I need.
So, when I get asked to make someone dinner I get totally stressed out! I just don't know what to make and what if it tastes totally gross. In fact in my last church group in Nashville, I very rarely was asked to bring anyone dinner because I think they knew I was a total stress case about it.
I was asked last week to bring a meal to a new mom at church. Oh my I started to panic. I decided to come up with a standard meal that I would bring, also with a standard way to bring it. (for some reason also stresses me out, I never have those disposable gladware)
Here is what I made:
- Rosemary Chicken in a crockpot. (Chicken, Cream of Chicken soup, milk, lemon & herb seasoning and rosemary. So easy)
- Uncle Ben Whole Grain Brown Rice
- crescent Rolls
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (recipe to come)
- Butternut squash
- Granola for Breakfast (Mindy's recipe)
- A pack of instant macaroni for the little boy
- A pack of Crystal Light Ruby Red Grapefruit
If you have a great standard meal you take to people I would love to know.