Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

do you love my sewing machine cover, handmade by Mindy

Pick up these books.

I had pre-ordered these two books on amazon 5 months ago and had forgot about them, so when they came in the mail the other day I was thrilled and surprised.


  • If you want to learn how to sew these books are for you.
  • If you know how to sew these books are for you.
  • If you don't know how to sew but want your kids to learn how these books are for you.
  • If you want to make some handmade gifts these books are for you.
Your library may not have these yet, but you can request that they get them in, it may take awhile, but worth a try. But put these on your Christmas/Birthday wish list.

12 comments:

Jill said...

What a delightful surprise for you, since you forgot you had preordered them.

I have to really learn how to sew from someone who knows, I hate following instructions.

Michelle Alley said...

Thanks for information! Will check it out.

Rachel said...

This post was for ME! My mother-in-law gave me a sewing machine as a gift years ago, and I have never learned how to use it! I will be looking for these books! THANK YOU!

kara jayne said...

Exactly what I've been looking for! I fit your second description. I do sew....occasionally. I have been wanting something to help me ramp up my sewing juices! Thanks so much! And I love the cover. Mindy is the best.

Tasha said...

I flipped through that sewing with a french twist one a while back, its great, isn't it?

andrea said...

I'm dying to get my hands on bend the rules sewing. Angry Chicken and Little Birds were two of the first blogs I found at least a year before I started my blog.

Anonymous said...

I've had a sewing itch lately, so I'm so glad you posted about these books. What a great surprise to forget you had pre-ordered!

Lauralee said...

great idea.. I got the one and another one on simple skirts.. I think would be fun for me and my girls..

Rebekah said...

I was looking for something to buy come payday :)!

Amy said...

I have both of those. I haven't made any of the projects yet--I'm girding up for some pyjamas for Kaitlin, but once I finsh that I'm definitely digging in. Do you have Amy Butler's In Stitches? I love that book and the wide legged lounge pants are so comfy!

Unknown said...

i was just thinking about you the other day when i first read about the "bend the rules" book. i can't wait to get a copy of it!

michelle said...

Well, apparently these books are for me! Thanks for the tip.