Pages

Monday, June 04, 2007


Incredible Idea.

I have this friend named Laura. She is very creative. She does not have a blog. She needs one. I need her to have one. She has an incredible gift of seeing something and figuring out a way to change it, make it better and personalize it.

I am so grateful that she sent me this idea and I just had to brag about her and share it with you.

This was the email that she sent to me describing what she did. Be prepared to be amazed.

***
Last night my daughter and I were walking around Walmart looking for the perfect birthday present for her friend, and were coming up with absolutely nothing. Then when we saw this old favorite game we thought of personalizing it by changing out the goofy cartoon type faces for pictures of Meredith's school friends taken from the yearbook they just got. We just color copied their pictures the right size, then used the Zyron machine to sticky the back of each, and attached it to the picture the game came with for extra sturdiness. Quick, easy, and will hopefully be a memory as well as a fun game. The game is traditionally played by asking each other questions such as "Does your person wear a hat?" "Does your person wear glasses?" etc. Primarily being about the way they look. With these fun school pictures you could ask, "Does your person ride the bus?" "Does your person sit at your lunch table?" "Is your person's locker close to mine?" etc...

We even changed the box cover to be classmates

***

Is this not the most clever thing you have ever seen. Laura also made one using different characters from the scriptures. Way to go Laura you have out done yourself with this one! Thanks for sharing. Some luscious ribbon coming your way for sharing this great idea! Thanks.

This is just one of her many ideas - feel free to leave a comment also pressuring my friend to start a blog!

18 comments:

Shauna said...

This idea should win some sort of a prize! I am totally going to do this. Thank you for sharing!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

I think I am going to have to do the scripture one & I could give it as Christmas gifts to all my friends & their families.

Thanks!!!!

Jill said...

That sounds like a great gift, but a ton of work. We have a Book of Mormon version of that game but it's kind of hilarious because if you ask if they have dark skin it knocks out half the people!

Ashley said...

Awesome idea. I used to play that game and loved it. Sadly, even these "easy" projects seem a little out of my league. You creative, crafty people need to all sell your wares to the rest of us. I will pay.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's incredible. Yes...yes...yes....please start a blog.

stefanie said...

Such a cute idea... and a great and memorable gift!

Natasha said...

Okay, I totally wish she's start a blog!

Anonymous said...

Such cute idea! Love it!

sista # 2 said...

If I was the birthday girl, I would open that present & be so amazed that my friends were on a 'real game'!!heehee very fun-ciao

Adam Buchanan said...

that is just cool!

Barb said...

I just saw this idea on instructables!

http://www.instructables.com/id/EK4OAVRS25EVYDZJKT/

This link takes you to the sight for how to make a personalized Guess Who with downloadable templates.

I don't have a color printer, so I have to say I like Laura's idea better.

I was actually thinking I'd make Guess Who games for my family members for Christmas this year when I saw the idea on instructables. So for any of my family who are reading this comment: DIBS ON THIS IDEA!

Price Cream Parlor said...

LOVE this idea! So clever!
Some positive peer pressure for your friend...
Please start a blog - at least for Kristi to check out so that we can all benefit for another set of clever ideas! :-)

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

It's been awhile since I have commented!! You are on my Bloglines and I read you everyday!! Its been busy around here!! No excuses but wanted to drop in and say Hello!!

Liz said...

Oh my gosh! This is fantastic!! You are right, she does need a blog!!

Serendipity said...

Cute idea to use friends...I've seen it used with extended family members, and used in a jr. high French class to teach names and basic French vocabulary...

Yes...yes, your friend should start a blog! ...I'm sure the gift was a hit!

Rachel said...

How clever! My kids love this game...how much more fun would it be if they actually recognized some faces...need to try this with distant relatives!

Lindsay said...

I am so totally making this with family members for Christmas. Fantastic.

michelle said...

What a wonderful idea! I wish I could think outside the box like that. That's why I read blogs like yours!