Wow - what a fun bunch of comments yesterday - a million thank you's. It made me realize this group of women have so much good they can do - dang we could move mountains. WE are AWESOME!
I want to make sure no one thinks I am lobbying for comments on my blog as much I wanted to encourage to make that comment on the blog that you never have or when you really feel like you have something to add to just add it! I do not read blogs like I used to, in fact the only way I have been able to justify my blog time is by cutting back on reading and doing it in the early morning before the kids get up. So I am not in anyway thinking you must read blogs to have a blog.
The wheels in my head have been turning since I randomly through out the challenge to go out of your way and compliment a stranger. Here is what has been running through my head the idea is for the taking. I don't have time to do it, but if there is someone out there who wants it is is yours.
Someone could focus their blog (or start one) on a weekly, bi-monthly or monthly challenge, kind of like Lelly's SPT only it would focus on doing something surprising - even to yourself.
Here are my random thoughts.
Challenges could include
- writing a thank you note to someone who would never expect it and maybe one you have been thinking in your head but have not taken the time to do it.
- track down an former school teacher and let them know the great affect they had on you
- leave something on a neighbors door (thus the idea for the logo above)
- the next time you leave the store tell the manager something you enjoyed
- pick a family member and write tell them why you love being in their family
- send your spouse or friend a note at wort
- buy lemonade from any kid selling it on the street
- pay for the car behind you in the drive through line at a fast food restaurant. I did this few weeks ago and the whole day I kept thinking the whole day of what that lady behind me must have been thinking when she pulled up and the guy said, "that car that just drove off paid for yours and said to have a good day" I was happy her bill was only $3.00 and she was not picking up lunch for the office.
So, if you want the idea take it! If you want to leave suggestions on how it could be done leave them. It does not have to be big things just little small gestures.