Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

SPT

Childhood Memories

When I first started my blog I scanned all my photos of the transformation of my hair over the years and did a post about it.
I am glad I did because it was easy today to find some some school photos for SPT today.

some of my childhood school memories:
  • playing Chinese jump rope at recess
  • in second grade playing marbles every day and the dirt being covered with little marble holes
  • i guy name Bill Bunting who used to make himself throw up at recess to get attention
  • square dancing in P.E. with Mr. McCormick the best PE teacher ever and always wanting to dance with Steven Sprecher
  • in third grade when Strawberry Shortcake came out and this one girl who came with a new toy everyday and I was so jealous
  • the morning I went to school in Kindergarten when my brother Ryan was born. My dad sent me to school with the entire huge bag of Doritos in my lunch box and i was so embarrassed to show anyone
  • in second grade planning a surprise birthday party for Mrs. Sumner and even collecting money for a gift and cake. I went into the Principal's office told him when it was and that he needed to get the teacher out of the room that day so we could decorate and surprise her - oh my it started for me oh so young
  • buying a Big Chief tablet every year
  • loving the days the bus was late to the bus stop so we would be late to school
  • the year I was Princess Leah for Halloween and got to wear my hair in her do all day for school and told everyone "bet you can't guess who I am going to be"
I seem to have a personality trait or sometimes I think it is a gift. I seem to only remember the good about a situation years later. So I have really good memories about school - it was not all good I am sure, but in my mind I was.






28 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Kristi, those pictures are adorable. I'd forgotten all about Big Chief tablets. I think it is so funny you planned and pulled off that surprise party...it is so you.

Elizabeth said...

I love how you were doing such sweet things for the teachers way back then and you still are.
The good memories stick out so strongly for me as well causing my childhood memories to be of the dreamy happy kind. I hope I am doing that for my kids. I think it is a wonderful gift.

LJ, DC and ML said...

So cute! I think it's great to remember only the good times. We've got enough to worry about in a normal day to not need to think about the not so great time. Cute Cute Cute!

melanie said...

You did start early with the party planning and decorating. Cute photos. I always wanted to be Princess Leia but my hair was always too short. Great post.

Elisa said...

I remember you with feathered hair! I thought you were AMAZING and I was right.

Michael Marquez made himself throw up at Durant Elementary...so gross! Amanda something had TONS of Strawberry Shortcakes but one time, she brought our teacher flowers she had gotten from the cemetery across the street!! Thanks for conjuring up memories, it made me laugh!

sockiepuppetsmom said...

I remember square dancing! I loved it! I don't think they do it in school anymore but they should! It's definitely good that you remember the good things and not the bad:)

Sarah said...

If I didn't know better I'd say those were pics of Annie Kate! Seriously though, your Farrah Fausett hair is TO DIE FOR! No hair did it quite like yours.

Wendi said...

What a fun post! It brought back so many memories! Those pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

why am I not surprised that you were planning parties and surprises at such a young age. No wonder you have it mastered! And the hair. You were a stylin gal

Anonymous said...

Kristi- you are bringing back some very old names. Steve Sprecher and mr. McCormick. I can't even remember all my primary school teachers. It is great that you remember so much, so much of the positive. Your post made me smile and I thought of you on our street back on Candlelight Dr. miss you! hc

patsy said...

Darling pictures- I love your great memories!

Crystalyn said...

i can't believe how much of you is in AK! wow! great post. and a wonderful trait to remember the good.

Melinda said...

Oh, the dorritos makes me laugh so hard. I think my dad would have forgotten about feeding us lunch and we would have starved! So funny.

I remember getting strawberry shortcake for Christmas and I loved smelling her. Those were the days!

michelle said...

Love the old photos! And I love that you only remember the good. It is a gift for sure!

Ashley said...

Those pictures are the best, and I LOVE the party you organized in second grade and that you told the principal what to do. I didn't start doing that til 7th grade!

Rachel said...

What great picutres! I think I see a little Annie Kate in there!

What a blessing to retain only good memories! Our minds have this magnificant way of doing that!

Love the SPT!

Michelle Alley said...

You and Annie Kate look so much alike. What great pictures and memories!

Unknown said...

you are so cute! your smile and your bright eyes jump out of every picture.

i'm not surprised that your creative & generous genius was flourishing at such a young age...

Rebekah said...

I think your hair in the plaid shirt photo is awesome! Seriously, you have great hair. Anyway we can see a reprise of that style?

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

That was great!! I wish I had my old photos!!

Price Cream Parlor said...

I am dying that your party planning days started so young! LOVE it! Great photos!

Lauralee said...

darling pictures! what a cute little girl you were! fun memories.. too cute you did a surprise party for a teacher!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Cute hair!

Seeing the girls in your pics was fun-- and your eyes/smile hasn't changed much through the years.

carlo

Amanda :-) said...

What bright eyes! And the look of AK is in all those pictures of you.

I love the tiny little details children remember - like you remembering the marble holes in the dirt. That's such a lovely little detail to picture.

And where is Bill Bunting now? Is he CEO of some big multi-national? Or an actor???

Jules said...

LOL, I really love your blog. I think it is so neat that you planned a birthday party for your second grade teacher, Wow. I wish I had such a good memory of my childhood. I love the story of the doritos. Did he give you anything else for lunch? or just doritos? Thanks for the funny post and the great pictures.

Liz said...

I love the pictures! I also love your memories!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, you planned a surprise party for your teacher while in 2nd grade?! You really did start out with your creativity and generosity at a young age!

kara jayne said...

That is so funny to read today, because on Sunday I just scanned in a ton of my photos to do a post about my hairstyles!!! I'd love to say "great minds think alike", but I wouldn't want to offend you. Mine doesn't come close to yours!