Back From Camp
Just walked in the door. I am slimey, dirty, stinky and tired. It could likely be one of the best weeks of my life. I can't believe I was so scared to go.
Fast list of highlights from my week before I jump in the shower:
- seeing myself in some of those girls and remembering being a kid
- seeing the baby deer by my cabin
- having a shower and toilet in my cabin (yea for she she camp)
- sharing my marathon story in a devotional
- the friendship bracelets being a big hit
- seeing the girls from downtown
- the incredible slide show of the week - me and another girl took over 1000 photos!
- the surprise freckled face girl that came up to surprise me the last night. (man I missed my girls)
- having all the girls pick a word of the year and seeing what words they picked
- not having to cook or prepare one meal for a whole week
- feeling the spirit
- seeing the girl who never smiles, smile!
- the wonderful perfect weather
- President Bush coming up to Camp David (2 miles from our camp) and the excitement and stories that came along with it
- everyone had left camp and standing with 6 of the most incredible women in circle and having a prayer together thanking our Heavenly Father for protecting us, our families and the girls. (chills!)
Off to shower, unpack and sleep!