Pages

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Pigs!

Where did you get that pattern you used to make the pigs for your daughters for Christmas?


I used Simplicity pattern 4421. They look much harder than they are. There are quite a few pieces for the face but just step by step it comes together. My only advice is check the fabric you use to see how it frays - the less puff coming off the fabric when you sew the easier it will be. I learned this lesson the hard way. It was a wonderful project and my girls have loved them. I also monogrammed their name on the bottom of the blanket that unrolls.I hope this helps. Someone emailed me that question, but can not find their email to email them back...
Happy Sewing!


6 comments:

Angie Seaman said...

How adorable! Thanks for sharing that pattern. I've not seen it before. Too too cute!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

michelle said...

That is really cute!

Ashley said...

Those are adorable. I want to be your daughter for a Christmas. I also love how you wear red, white and blue to see the monuments. I love that sort of stuff.

Tifferbob said...

So cute, there's no way I could sew those. My mom always made us handmade gifts for Christmas. Once she made us cabbage patch dolls and painted the faces and everything.

Meredith said...

YEAH! It was me...I love that piggy! Thanks so much - I'm off to the store to get the pattern and material and make my Miss Sassy her first Miss Piggy.Oink.Oink!

Kristy said...

Yucky weather!!! It has been raining in Utah all week......I am ready for summer....at least until I got too hot! Don't have to much fun cleaning up the mess. :)