Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Dear Brooks shoes size 11.5,

I am writing you this letter before I go to bed. Enjoy your nights sleep, you will need it. Tomorrow we are going 17 miles together. We are starting really early, even before the sun gets up. You will most likely get wet as it has been raining for a few days. So get ready!
You did me well this past week even though Mr. Lefty feels a little sloshy on the left foot by my little toe. I will remember to tie you tighter tomorrow.
I am bringing along with us some yummy food. I have Anne's left over Shot blocks from the St. George Marathon last year. (yes the ones she ran with but did not eat in a ziplock bag sitting in my cupboard for a year) It was all I could find and it is too late to go to the store. They should take me at least an hour to chew as they are as hard as a rock.
You will get to see my Balega favorite socks size M - given to me by one of my marathon mentors Melissa. They will be so much better than those thin ones I used on Wednesday. When I thought wearing two of each would be just fine - I have learned my lesson.
So, I am off to bed. See you in the morning and non of that fake sleeping pretending you don't hear the alarm clock stuff. We are going! We only 6 weeks left before 26.2 in Baltimore!!
Thanks for being there for me.
Sincerely,
Pink Feet

P.S. Sport Shield - I love you!!

18 comments:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

Kristi~you rock!

Kristy said...

Good Luck!!!! I am afraid I would ignore the alarm clock. Football mania starts for us tomorrow so I can't ignore the clock!!!

Cecilia said...

Good Luck tomorrow! I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Julie said...

Kick some bootie tomorrow Kristi! Wish I was there to join you for a few miles...very few for that matter. Good luck!

Janae said...

You have got it going on:) have a great run!

Anne said...

Ummm...I should be out running right this second but I'm not. I really should have eaten something (anything!!) last night. Oh well. Good luck with your run. I'm almost tempted to drive up your way and track you down to give you some fresh shot blocks. Let me know how those jolly ranchers worked out for you... :)

Cheryl said...

Good luck! You are an inspiration.

Shauna said...

You Go Girl....And the shoes, too!

Leslie said...

Good luck on your run! I am so jealous! I would be right there with you, if I weren't nursing an injury from a bad fall. Hopefully, I will be ready when my date arrives! Run on!

denise @ little ant design said...

Reading your blog is like a shot of inspiration. You go and rip up those 17 miles.

Holly said...

You running machine you! Hope this morning went well.

I've been meaning to try gummi bears to switch things up a bit. Sometimes the shot blocks (especially those over a year old, smirk) take a while to chew.

I've been at odds with my alarm clock lately too--too many late night Olympics the last few weeks.

tootie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're doing your marathon training!

By the way, I bought Balga socks b/c of your recommendation, and I love them! I wear them every time for my long runs. They go very well with my Brooks :)

stacy{s} said...

okay...as a non-runner I have to ask...what is Sport Shield???

Jill said...

This is a cute post Kristi. I didn't realize you had been training regularly and were up to 17 miles, that's awesome!

michelle said...

How did I not know you were doing the Baltimore marathon?! You rock, Kristi.

Beth Soelberg said...

Kristi - I'm so happy your shoes are size 11.5. I'm between a 9.5 and a 10, and my feet get bigger with each baby.

I'm so inspired! Good for you - run down that dream!

Meredith said...

Cool post, Pink Feet! Hope your Brooks treated you well.

Run Happy!

Your friends at Brooks :)

Liz said...

honestly...I can't believe you can run 17 miles. I'm absoulutely dead long before that!