Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

it can only mean one thing

5 bags like these, a bunch of safety pins and new shirts for all can only mean one thing.
Turkey Trot in the A.M.!
It is called the Turkey Chase because someone dresses up like a Turkey and we all chase him. Fun huh!


It is so funny because I have totally, well almost, lost my voice. It has been fading by the hour. By the time Jeff came home it is just as a whisper. If you have never met me then I will tell you that one of my first qualities you will learn about me is that I have a very loud voice and talk a lot. So the house is really quiet. No talking at dinner, no reprimanding for hitting and scratching - the girls have gotten away with murder today. Jeff even said, "Wow it is so quiet in here!"
I have just realized how much I talk. Can't decide if that is good or bad. Funny I seem to have lost my blogging voice this past week too. Not sure why but hope to get back to that.

I just hope I don't get sicker so I can't enjoy a fun filled day that we have planned.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!


10 comments:

Traci said...

How fun to have a run with the whole fam! New shirts and all! Hope you do feel better so you can enjoy the great Thanksgiving Day!!
Gobble- Gobble!

melanie said...

Have a great run with the family. I think it's a great idea. Is the weather supposed to be good?

After the day I've had, I'm sure my kids wish my voice were gone. I hope you get yours back, just in time to visit during Turkey Day Dinner.

Price Cream Parlor said...

I, too, have a LOUD voice and talk all the time! I am sure that my family would love it if I were a whisper at times! :-)
Have so much fun tomorrow chasing that turkey!

Jill said...

Landon is running in a 5k turkey trot tomorrow morning with Robyn and Austin, but I plan on sleeping!

I hope your voice loss is temporary and not a sign of illness. It definitely feels like you've lost your blogging voice as well, I miss you.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Hope you will be feeling better. How cool is that that all the family will run/walk today. Wish I still lived in Vienna .. I'd meet you! Looking forward to you "talking" about it on the blog since it's the only way anyone will hear you today ..LOL!!! Feel better! Go catch that Turkey!! :)

Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

michelle said...

what a cool family activity!

Personally, I slept in, and then I'm going to work on a Christmas project until it's time to go to Marc's parents' house for dinner.

I've lost my voice before and it's definitely weird to be unable to talk as a mom!

I've missed your blogging voice.

Amanda :-) said...

Hello!! Fancy me nipping into your blog to find you voiceless! Serves me right for being away so long.

I've NEVER IN MY LIFE heard of a turkey trot thing. It sounds so mad it could be European!! Haha!

I hope your voice returns soon. It must be very limiting. Are you in pain with it? That's so weird, to just lose your voice like that. Can you sign?????

Liz said...

What a fun thing to do as a family! I hope you feel better and that your voice comes back!

{natalie} said...

hope your run went well. you are awesome for making it a family thing. hope your voice came back, i hate losing mine, it's irritating to whisper!

happy thanksgiving!