A New Beginning
Last night was our young women youth group had our program called "New Beginnings". As a Young Women President I feel total victory that this was completed by January 13th! As a leader I feel total love for the young women who put it together on their own. Yep, their own.
I write very little about my opinions in serving in Young Women's, and it would surprise most of the readers who read this what they really are. But one opinion is that it is a program that belongs to the Young Women and they need to feel like they are running it.
These girls did it all, the program, who would speak, who would sing, invited the speakers - everything. The joy on their faces were 10 times better if we had all done it for them.
I didn't bring my camera like a crazy fool, but honestly would not have had time to take one photo. If I would have had my camera I would have taken photos of ..
- The Stake Young Women's President's face when the young women gave her a bouquet of flowers and welcomed her to her new calling and thanked her for coming
- The Bishoprics face when the Laurel President challenged them to complete the virtue value and presented them with a gold tie to wear the Sunday after they complete it, to let them YW know they did it.
- The beautiful photo of the 3 new girls coming in to YW this year, one of them being my very own Annie Kate. (oh I guess I had a copy)
- The YW leaders singing a vintage Janice Kapp Perry Song and me crying as I stared into Annie Kate's sweet freckled face on the front row
- The chocolate fountain flowing with chocolate and all the girls digging in
- The pink, scalloped damask placements I bought 2o of years ago for $.20 cents each because I knew there would be a day I would use them for something
- the girls standing together on the stand repeating the theme.
- We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Choice and Accountability
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.
- and last the amazing job our Bishop did of teaching your YW to PRACTICE being strong and courageous. He gave them each a Werther Original and told a story of his childhood that they will never forget. The Werther Original now has new meaning to me!
I am now off to pack my suitcase because I am going to Denver this weekend to do a little house hunting.... Fun Fun!!!