Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2006

ShoPPing
One night I went grocery shopping with my girlfriend. Something I have never done before but I highly suggest it. I realized what a rut I was in buying the same things all the time. I don't like to try a lot of new things because if they are gross I feel like I just wasted my money. So it was so interesting to see what she bought for her family. One of the things she bought were these frozen pancakes, by Dewaffelbakkers. A company out of Arkansas. They were $2.72 for 24 pancakes. They come wrapped in sets of threes so you don't ever get freezer burn. You heat them up in your microwave. They are a european style pancake. They don't become soggy or chewy like other pancakes. They taste hommade. They are the perfect Saturday morning breakfast with the kids, but without all the mess. If your grocery store does not have them, request them. Most grocery stores will start carrying a new item if they don't have what you want. I had one store order a box of this awesome pasta sauce (Sal & Judy's) from New Orleans after we moved to TN.
So try something new do your grocery shopping with a friend.

February 15, 2006 Today i just got a phone call from the owner of the pancake company thanking me for linking them to my blog. I love them even more now!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I've never seen those before, I'll have to take a look. I have gone grocery shopping with a friend before and I must agree that's it's both interesting and fun.