ThRow mE someThing miSter!
Happy Mardi Gras. today seems like just any other normal day here in Tennessee, but in New Orleans it the celebration of the year.
I am always a little hesitant of telling people how much we love Mardi Gras becasue they automatically think we help filmed "Girls gone Wild" So yes there are many way to celebrate Mardi Gras and ours had a "G" rating for sure... well most of the time.
I love thinking back to what memories we have of mardi gras season.
* Popyeyes Chicken for breakfast
* moonpies and peanuts for lunch
* the smell. not that I liked it but Mardi Gras had its own smell
* dragging bags of beads back to our car to sell on ebay to earn money for groceries
* ladders with seats on top
* being with good friends. The first year with Chris T and Jeff was priceless
* coming home and laying out our beads by color and size, we were so silly!
* not having a voice for two weeks because you scream so loud at the parades
That city gave so much to our family. We love New Orleans!
I hope ya'll have a great day and do something different to celebrate the day. My house is almost spotless so we are not cooking, decorating or really celbrating. Annie Kate took beads to the class today and the people i visit teach will get red beans and rice tonight but that is about it!