Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2006

cAll fOr quArters
My 7 year old daughter is collecting the state quarters.
She will wait until she gets 10 dollars accumulated in her allowance and then has us give that to her in a roll of quarters. This morning she got to open her roll. She usually gets about 2 new quarters per roll. It has been a really fun thing to collect.
There are a few that are getting harder and harder to find. The ones from 1999 -2001. So I told annie kate that I would let my blog readers know that she was looking for a few hard to find ones.
If you have one and want to mail it to her she will send you back a thank you gift which she informs me will be a surprise... ohh the suspense.
these are the ones she is looking for:

Massachusetts D - Mississippi P- Missouri P - Maine D
The "D" or "P" stands for what mint it was made in, Denver or Philidelphis. On the front of every quarter on the right near the bottom you will see a D or P. (for some reason the photo of the above quarter does not have it) She is collecting one for each state from each mint.
You can send your quarters to:

Annie Kate the Quarter Queen
kristi.cutler@comcast.net email me for the address.

feel free to email this page to your friends so they have a chance to receive a free gift from Annie Kate too.

12 comments:

Jill said...

I'll investigate our quarters and send them to her if we've got any she needs. I hope she finds what she's looking for.

Anonymous said...

I went through all of our quarters and we have a Delaware D and I will send it off today. What a fun thing for her to do -- kind of like looking for a four-leaf quarter and when you find it you have found gold.

jt said...

I thought that was really cute, so I just went to look- I do not own a single quarter. That's how poor I am. But I will still keep an eye out for her. ;)

everything pink! said...

Yea!!! thanks grammy

Amie said...

I will look through ours, we collect too and are missing ONE West Virginia quarter?! I know that was only like six months ago but I can't seem to get ahold of one more. Very fun for her and to get them in the mail too!

jenn said...

Georgia D will go out in today's mail! And we'll keep looking for the others- my kids think this is the best treasuer hunt ever!

jenn said...

We found another!! Vermont D will be in the envelope too!

Anonymous said...

I'll check all mine when I get home from work!

Midnight Show x0 said...

Ooo I collect those too. :)

DeDe said...

I will start looking... how fun

michelle said...

How cute! I didn't even know about the two different mint thing. Ambitious of her to want each one from each mint. I'll check around!

michelle said...

p.s. I guess you found a topic that generated a lot of comments, eh? You just never know...