Pages

Saturday, March 25, 2006


my cuRrent emPloyment.
The above photo is two days after Caroline Benson was born and we were leaving the hospital. I had no idea what i was getting myself into. Annie Kate was the easiest child!
My girlfriend asked me the other day if I had read the article on parenting in the Ensign this month (the Ensign is magazine put out by my church) I was greatful for her reminder to sit down and read it.
It is the best article! You can read it by clicking here. I would encourage it for any parent no matter what your beliefs. ... any help you can get is what i say.
But the highlights that rang true to me last night.
" A mother's nurturing love aroused in children, from their earliest days on earth, an awakening of the memories of love and goodness they experienced in the premortal existence. Because our mothers loves us, we learn, or more accurately remember, that God also loves us. "
and...
"Women today are being encouraged by some to have it all - generally, all simultaneously: money, travel, marriage, motherhood, separate careers in the world...
Doing things sequentially - filling roles one at a time at different times - is not always possible, as we know, but it gives a woman the opportunity to do each thing well in its time and to fill a variety of roles inher life. A woman... may fit more than one career into the various seasons of life. She need not try to sing all of the verses of her song at the same time."
M. Russell Ballard
So I realized when i get frusterated withCaroline because she pees on me after sitting down at Karate in the first 5 minutes and i have to spend the rest of the time in the car, or when she destroyes every piece of jewlery that i own, or the she sprays bleach cleaner on the walls that we just had painted, I am not doing a very good job of reminding her she lived with Heavenly Father before she came to live with me and he loves her!!
I hope you take the time to read this article even if you don't have little ones at home!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the reminder of how joy-full this time of our lives can be. I am also impressed that you are providing this reminder for us at 7:39 AM! You're an animal!

everything pink! said...

oh jen that is 7:39am your time that would be 6:39am mine! and it is not by choice. I have early wake up calls that come running in my room at 6:00 am on a saturday.

at least Jeff sleeping at the hosptial gets to sleep in this morning.

michelle said...

I have found that when I have to get up early with kids, it helps to have something like blogging so you can do something you enjoy as long as you have to be up! (and it's a whole lot cheaper than internet shopping...)

Jill said...

Excellent post Kristi. I will read that article today. It's always reassuring and helpful to read parenting advice, especially from those with a Celestial perspective.

Jill said...

How ironic and sad that as I was reading your excellent post, the kids were looking over my shoulder and asking me to tie their slobber covered balloons for them. I was impatient and annoyed (and grossed out by the slobber) and didn't do it in a way that let them know I love them or that anyone else does for that matter!

becca said...

I read this article last week, so amazing. My husband has to go to Young Mens every Wednesday night, so I have a ritual of cleaning the house and taking a bubble bath. I was reading in the bath when my husband came home to find me crying my eyes out! It always makes me feel a little special (and totally unworthy) to be reminded of what an incredible opportunity we have been entrused with.

Amie said...

When I gave my lesson in RS a couple of weeks ago I was quoting Sis Parkin saying she would like for each of us to feel the love of HF in our lives each day. I was saying that I REALLY want this for my kids. A very wise older lady said that they feel His love through us. That in feeling our love each day they will also know HF loves them too. A wake up call for sure at the moment it almost seemed easier to figure out a concrete way to show heavenly love than for me to be the kind/patient mother I know I should be...thanks for the early morning inspiration, since I haven't had much interaction yet I will remember and try harder all day!