Pages

Friday, April 21, 2006


Celebrate o' day of Birth!
I love birthdays. I love mine and I love everyone elses. Annie Kate went to the ultimate birthday party tonight. The first photo is of the take home gift for each child. It was a mermaid/under the sea party. The each made a pair of flip flops, shell necklace. They had shell pasta for dinner. The mermaid cake was incredible that had cupcakes for hair. They each got star fish sugar cookie mix with cookie cutter. The cute metal tin with sweedish fish, bubbles, gold fish, and the cutest ever laminated memory game with different sea life pictures. JPB you are amazing! (she also did an amazing space party for her son that morning!)
The second photo is a bag we gave the birthday girl. You can't really read it but it says Mermaid Bailey. I was so excited because I was able to use the same font on the embroidery as she used on the invite. (2peas mr. giggles)
I am glad to know there is someone else out there who goes crazy on birthday parties. Except i don't think i will ever do two in one day.

11 comments:

Amie said...

You're out of control! I was wondering where you were and then like four new posts! I love them all. What I fun birthday party for Annie Kate. I love the quote from Sis. Hinckley. I am a talker. I like the phone, the park, pretty much whenever, wherever, more free therapy.....and like you said, a sort of validation.

Tasha said...

Kristi, When you get a bag like that, do you have to take one side apart to embroider it, or can you hoop a pre-made bag? Or did you make that one?
Tasha

everything pink! said...

oh i forgot to document this bag. it is from walmart $7.00
you can just hoop it. the opening is big enough.

Jill said...

What a birthday party!! How many kids were invited? I can't imagine doing such elaborate party favors or having two parties in one day--but I'd love to be invited to a party like that.

The gift you gave is so cute (as usual) it's so great that you use your talents daily and so generously.

Tasha said...

K- what about the back of the bag? how do you get it out of the way? just hoop the front and then kind of pull the back out of the way so it doesn't get sewn over? How big does a pre-made bag have to be, do you think? I have shied away from pre-made for this reason.

You are the best!
Want to come help me do Evie's 2nd bday party in July???

Tasha

jt said...

I find that amazing and intimidating. I don't know if I can be that kind of mom, although I want to! I wish I could sew...

michelle said...

So fun. I love birthdays and I love out of control parties. It looks like you and your friend are on the same wavelength!

Anonymous said...

Look at all your pretty pink things! I love pink, too

becca said...

That is the cutest bag I have ever seen!! You honestly make me want to learn to embroider (if you knew me you would know what a feat that is!) Thanks for all the wonderful ideas, hopefully I will be able to start putting them to use!!

amy gretchen said...

can't believe you did this. its no wonder you don't have time to read you are always busy creating something for someone else. love the bag and the fact that you were able to use the same font. smart thinking.

TX Girl said...

Seriously- two parties. I really suck as a mom. Lulu didn't even get a 2nd birthday party from her parents. In my defense we were out of town, but.. maybe.. I love the bag. Great idea to incorporate the theme of the party into the gift. Your girls are so lucky to have such a talented mama.