Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2006

i have lost my wisdom!
this morning i woke up and could not take the pain anymore. Jeff made me call the dentist and 3o minutes after calling them I was sitting in the chair with the bright lights and goodbye wisdom teeth. not what i was expecting to do today. But I am glad I didn't have to think about it.
A huge thanks to my friend for watching my kids (Yea JPB)
This dentist is seriously the greatest guy ever! I got my new crown and the top two wisdom teeth pulled. I can not beleive how gross this photo is, what a huge cavity!
I was sad I didn't get to take them home to show Annie Kate and to put them under my pillow tonight. But of course I had my camera and asked him if I could take a picture for my blog. He must have thought I was crazy. But is this not just a great ad for brushing your teeth.
So I am now in more pain than I imagined. Jeff came home to help with the kids and I am laying down for a nap. But of course I had to post it first. I may be a little loopy so I will have to edit this after I wake up.
I am putting a photo of my teeth under my pillow and I told Jeff I hope the tooth fairy brings me somthing good tonight.

13 comments:

Jill said...

Okay, that is seriously one of the grossest things I've ever seen. (I'm so glad you took a picture though.) Why were your teeth hurting so much? I still have my wisdom teeth and now I'm living in fear because you and Jenn have both had to go through this...I'm not too keen on pain.

jenny said...

If you don't mind my saying so that is pretty gross! Glad to hear you are out of pain. Maybe I should of taken a picture of my broken tooth. I got a crown about a month ago.

amy gretchen said...

I must say that is pretty nasty and congrats. I know how good it can feel several weeks down the road.

Anonymous said...

Kristi Brooke, Oh my, how sad.
No wonder I didn't get you when I called you back. You were on the way to the dentist. Remember the dentist didn't want to take those out when you went on your mission, because he said you had room in your mouth for them. They lasted a long tim, and I'm glad that is over. Take it easy.

becca said...

OH, I remember the pain of having wisdom teeth taken out! I feel for you, especially having to watch and take care of your girls! I hope you feel better soon!

everything pink! said...

jill. see that big black spot! the gigantic cavity.. ouch.

Amy said...

Oh my! I've never heard of an impromptu wisdon teeth removal. How lucky for you--no agonizing anticipation. I'm really lucky--I don't have wisdom teeth. I inherited that from my Mom, she didn't have them either. I hope you feel better soon. Having your wisdom teeth out can really take it out of you.

TX Girl said...

I am so glad someone else said it.. gross. Congrats on surviving your tooth extraction. May you never have another one.

By the by, I am so proud that you blogged the item so quickly and even commented on one of my blogs after having those babies pulled. You are my hero. You really do deserve a large cash reward.

DeDe said...

i was out for 5 days when i got mine pulled.. ouch!! i am sorry... i hope you only got 2 and not 4 pulled... rest take care of your self....

Tasha said...

I hope the tooth fairy brings you some pain meds, seriously, those must be some huge holes in your mouth!
So glad they are out!
Tasha

Anonymous said...

After going to the dentist yesterday and getting crappy news, I am glad that someone else has taken the plunge to get their work done and post about it. Those are huge, I am glad they are out and you are on the road to recovery!

Anonymous said...

Yuck!!! Sorry you have had such a lot of trouble with your teeth. I shake when I think of going to the dentist to have work done in my mouth, as every time it is so much worse than I thought it would be. I still have one wisdom tooth, but the others were nothing but trouble. Take care of yourself!!!

michelle said...

Kristi, that photo is nasty! But when you mentioned putting the picture under your pillow, well, I can see the point there. Hope the tooth fairy brings you something great. I had my wisdom teeth out the first year we were married and it was not fun. I am a pro at having dental work done. Not that I'm proud of it... hope you feel better soon.