Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My crazy Caroline!
All it takes with Caroline is 2 minutes and she has found a new treasure. today is was the toilet paper. This is what happens when you don't watch t.v. This week we decided not to have the T.V. on. For a couple of reasons. 1. to focus on Easter week. 2. to evlauate how much t.v. we are watching. (i always say i want to throw them out the window) but i realize the person who watches the most t.v. is caroline. Jeff is only home two nights this week, so it is not affecting him, Annie Kates doesn't watch a lot of t.v, especially with the weather being so good, but Caroline is the one who it is probably affecting. But i must say she has not asked to watch a "show" yet. Annie Kate made signs for the T.V.'s that say "NO T.V." so i think caroline thinks they are broken. I have done more with Caroline this week than I have in two months. We have read every book in the house, painted, played on PBS kids.org, jumped on the tramp, played outside, I have spent less time on the computer, made tons of crafts and it is only wednesday. I so far have learned a lot from this lesson. When Caroline got up at 5:30 this morning with me, i thought what are we going to do. We colored until everyone else got up at 7:00 and it was a great morning.
How do you limit T.V. in your family?
.. and i must say another plug for blogging, it saved Caroline's life. instead of being mad at her for going through two rolls of toilet paper i grabbed my camera for photo op! to see more of caroline's adventures click here.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love what you are doing this week! It is only the dedication of a mom that can survive this. One way we have limited TV is by eliminating cable 4 years ago. The kids don't expect to find cartoons or Disney shows on at any time of the day so it really isn't as interesting to them. Cleveland weather is such a bummer for at least 6 months of the year so sometimes we load up on kids dvds at the library/video store but then they are limited by the length of a show as well. The TV really does take away from the family even if you watch together. Still can't bring myself to give up my personal Tv addictions-Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy!

Anonymous said...

I get such a kick out of Caroline. What a treasure these photos will be -- good reminder to her when she someday goes through "the payback" for all of the tricks she has pulled on you. Won't that be a fun day for you? I love you all!

Jill said...

Those photos are so cute! I'm so glad blogging saved you and Caroline both from the toilet paper fiasco. It turned out to be cute, fun and very Caroline didn't it?

I'm impressed with your tv-less week. What crafts have you been doing? Are you holding out for some major post that will send us all into a shock?

I hope all is well, it's weird when you don't blog a lot, but if that's making life better for you then by all means do what works.

Amie said...

I miss the constant new blogs too. It seems like everyone is backing off a little bit.

I don't limit the amount of TV but am really strict about what they watch. I don't want them obsessed about the minutes and all of that. It seems like everyone is so busy that it really isn't on much. Jimmy is the one who likes it on, I think it is his wind down time. There are many days when it is on the channel he left it on from the night before. We have also been talking about cancelling the dish or at least significantly downgrading.

I am glad the thought of the blog and photos saved Caroline. I should have thought of that when I let loose on mine earlier.

Tasha said...

K-what great photos! I love tivo. we can tape shows and watch them at will. The long winters here make it hard! I love the sign idea! NO TV! I need that reminder here!
Tasha

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristi B, Caroline is the cutest 2 year old ever! I loved the pictures of the 2 of you with your big grins. She looks so happy to have your approval of her mischief. Give her a squeeze for me.

michelle said...

Again, way to take photos. I might have just been angry. Blogging saves the day!

Lucas would watch TV all day long if I would let him. My kids know they have to pace themselves or they will have used up their allotment early in the day and they don't like that. I made a list of lots of fun things that don't involve "screen-watching" as I call it (because they also like to play computer and video games). When Lucas is bored, I just direct him toward the list.