Pages

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

serVice proJect!
What a blessing. Last night we got to have half of the youth from our church come do a service scavanger hunt at our house. We had a list of jobs for them to do and they had 15 minutes to do as many as they could. This is what they did for us.

clean our wood floors
clean top of all the door frames
clean window sills
put leather conditioner on our couches
vaccum
clean the windos
fold a pile of socks
organize our video/dvd closet (everything was in the wrong case)

so in 15 minutes i had hours worth of work done. It was so great and i am greatful that they picked our house to come to.
Our house has it's inspection tomorrow so it was a huge help for me to get things ready.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
That is a great idea! The young women are coming to my house on the 26 for a service project. Maybe we will have them do it that way for us. I've been concerned that they enjoy the experience, and your idea is perfect. Thanks.

becca said...

What a wonderful idea!! I think that is so great for the young women too, to get the experience of service, and 15 minutes is nothing to them and what a blessing to you!

Anonymous said...

How awesome!! Great idea and no other family in the ward could have been more deserving -- you have done so much for so many people, and the youth especially!!! Fifteen minutes is not much time, but multiply it by the number of young people and you have a big block of time you rarely have without interruption.

Jill said...

I have never heard of a timed scavenger hunt service project before, what a great idea. I'm glad they helped you out, and how wonderful for Annie Kate to see the youth in action like to benefit someone else.

Amie said...

Fabulous! I would be horrified for them to see my filth, but fabulous to have it done so quickly! I'm sure they had a great time and so nice they could help you out so much too!

jenn said...

I am calling my yw president right now and sharing the idea! (I will also be volunteering to have them come to my house- lol!)