Pages

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

wedNesday morNings.
This year Wednesday mornings have been so wonderful. Jeff does not have to leave until 8:00 am. Which means it is the one morning he gets to see the girls before he leaves for work. It has been such a glimmer of light for us. (you don't even want to know what time he has left for work in the past)
This morning was one I had to write about so I would not forget. Jeff decided to go running in the morning instead of after work before going to his second job, so he could get more studying in. So when he came home from running the girls were just getting up and he says, "hey girls you want to jump on the trampoline" They were seriously in shock. Of course they "jumped" at the chance. Then after jumping and screaming (and waking up the neighborhood) he comes in and feeds them all (including Sally Jane) chocolate cake for breakfast with big glasses of milk.
How could I be the party pooper and say anything.
My thoughts are:
* who are you and what did you do with my husband?
* what is this stress doing to him?
* i am going to have to give Sally Jane a bath!

Anyway. the girls had their best morning all year. Jeff relieved some stress and won Dad of the Decade.


12 comments:

Amy said...

You guys are such a fun family. I wish you were moving out West! You have an amazing husband, and you're amazing too for being able to write that he only gets to see the girls one morning a week without sounding like you're complaining!

everything pink! said...

oh lets get one thing straight. i have done my fair share of complaining. in fact if i had this blog in the beginning of our residency it would have been called "everything black"! the complaining got me no where, so now i am stuck with trying to make the most of it. i still complain my fair share.

Amie said...

No wonder dads are the favorite!

Jill said...

Where did the chocolate cake come from? That's a great idea to keep in mind as a fun surprise for the kids some time. I wouldn't mind having that for breakfast either. What a guy.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome guy. I bet your girls will remember this for forever. I love reading your blog and all the fun-ness that your family seems to exude. You have posted so many ideas that I can’t wait to try as my daughter gets older.

everything pink! said...

we had chocolate cake from the night before of jeff's big last dinner home before the boards. we made the tortilla soup and his favorite hot fudge lava cakes.

Jennifer said...

Kristi- I have said this before but I have to be sure that you don't forget. You must keep this man! What a precious memory for your family. I love it when these amazing albeit small ideas pop into the heads of the men in our lives. They can be so awe inspiring at such moments!

jenn said...

it is killing me- the fun you have at your house!! keep sharing because it motivates me to do more with my kids!
and I think breakfast should always consist of cake!!

DeDe said...

i agree with amie's comment.. dads are always the favorites cuz.. we have to be the mean ones.. and they get to give them treats... but sounds like fun.... glad everyone had a fun morning..

Alex said...

Oh, how hungry that piece of cake makes me. And how wonderful your husband was to your girls. Hold on to him, tooth and claw.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is amazing. The funny thing is, Jeff is the kind of guy that will continue to do those things with his family until the day he dies!!! You guys are so great!! Oh I also want the recipe for the chocolate lava cakes, you just spoke beautiful words to a prego woman's ears!!
Rachel

Jill said...

Oh my gosh. What a guy! I don't really know Jeff, but I think I love him! That is the sweetest thing -- and I love having cake for breakfast.