Pages

Friday, April 21, 2006

so nIce!.. and oH so pInk!
My girlfriend brought this over to me yesterday as a pick me up, goodbye gift. She said, "how could i not buy pink stuff for you!" It is from the $1 spot at Target. It is so Cute! and i was flattered when she said it was so me. The super mom card is adorable! We stood outside for over an hour until it started to rain having a healthy, great woman talk. It amazes me sometimes how healthy it is for me to talk about my struggles with someone and realize it is ok and everyone has them. She made me feel empowered! Thanks KSG!

"Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old, need those of you who are young. And hopefully you of who are young need some of us who are old. It is a socialogical fact that women need women.
We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with one another."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad you have a thoughtful friend to take care of you. It makes me crazy that I'm so far away and can't come over to help or to bring you fun things. I'm also relieved that you had a good talk and felt empowered by it. That's why my Fridays with Michelle are so therapuetic for me, there's something so important about being heard and sympathized with whether it's big struggles or just a shared love of Cadbury Mini Eggs.

michelle said...

Oh so true. Women really do need women. I remember when I made that discovery -- it was amazing to find out that other women had the same problems as me. Equally wonderful to just feel validated and heard. So glad you have someone to talk to in person!