Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

steRile fiEld!
Warning do not read if you do not want to hear me complain.
I am assuming that at least 75% of my husband's awake time is spent in a sterile field. Everything is in its place, clean, never out of order.
You can only imagine what is coming
Jeff is very good about the house, he loves it clean but understands my busy life, but the one thing that drives him crazy is little girls dirty fingers and faces. This in some ways have been a blessing but on days like today i am pulling my hair out.
It is absolutely beautiful outside. We spent the morning on our walk and came home to play and work in the yard. I mowed the lawn, dug up old dead bushes and flowers and did some watering all the while eating popscicles. Caroline was freaking out every moment when she had grass, dirt or popscicle on her feet or fingers or mouth. She wouldn't put her sandals on because there was a speck of dirt on them. She was using the new awesome sidewalk paint but had to wash her hands every 3 minutes.
I wish I could transport Jeff home right now and let him see how hard it is to play with your kids when they only want to be in a sterile field. Maybe i should send her to work with him tomorrow... oh i think i like that!!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

That's quite a cunundrum for you to deal with. Will she wear tennis shoes and socks? I'm sure they would look cute with her bathing suit. What about having a bucket of water handy so she can rinse off all the time? If not, maybe early-intervention therapy is in order. (I jest.) Good luck with all that, and don't apologize for complaining, that's the beauty of having your own blog!

michelle said...

Lucas used to be like that, too. I tried to always have a wet washcloth nearby for hand-wiping. So annoying. I think that sounds pretty good for Jeff to be in a sterile environment so much of his life! My life is so messy...

becca said...

So funny, it is amazing the habbits and traits we teach our kids at such a young age! I feel for you, and I love to read your posts! Your little Caroline sounds a lot like my Chelsey!