Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

gumball jars.
I finished the teacher gifts this morning. They are the same thing I did last year. They are so easy and quite cheap. (about $1.50 including gum, jar, ribbon and top) You buy the gum and the jars at Sams Club, the tops at Wal-mart. There is a really cheap place in Salt Lake to get bulk gum and you can even buy the color you want.
I made a photo gallery with everything I used to make them. Last year I spray painted all the gold tops red or white, but this year I just bought the plaid ones. so much easier!
The labels reads...
Thanks for "chewsing" to teach at Huntersbend.
Annie Kate had a "ball" this year!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this idea! I have been stressing out about what to give Haley & Ruby's Teachers-these are perfect. You have the best ideas. Thank you for sharing! Chanel

jenny said...

That is a great idea and one that I may steal for next year! Too cute.

TX Girl said...

where in SLC? My girlfriend did something similar for Christmas w/ red, white, and green gumballs. I loved it.

TX Girl said...

I'm confused- how many freaking teachers does Annie Kate have?

Angie said...

I love the idea. I may steal it too unless my kids end up in the same class with Jenny's kids! Then I guess she had first dibs on the idea.

skbkmjfamily said...

Can I steal your idea. I will give you credit, and you could totally sell those on ebay. Hey that is what you should do, make some up since all of us moms who wrack our brain trying to figure out something to do, can just buy it from you. You really are one of a kind.

Liz said...

How cute!!!! Ditto everyone else! I might have to steal your idea too!

Jill said...

Very cute idea, how did you manage to get it done when your printer isn't working?

Tasha said...

I love it kbc. The possibilities with these are endless! Great job!

I use lots of your ideas, but you should know that I always site my source, its a big pet peeve of mine when people steal intellectual property, but they'd never steal from a store. Anyway, you rock, as always!

Amy said...

Stop it! Those are so cute. What a great, and easy, idea. I agree with the consensus-there are infinite possibilities with these jars. I have to ask, where in SLC? What cool place do you know of that I need to know about?

Anonymous said...

love the idea in the photo gallery what is that machine, a printer?