Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Don't cry over Spilt soup!

everyone in our family has their own "Soupie" (blanket) The two best ones are Sally Jane's and Jeff's. They are both the softest by far.
This morning on my walk, that i made myself go on despite all that i felt like i needed to get done, I was thinking of why when i go walking by myself I just can't get the motivation to walk/run harder or faster than when I walk with someone else. I even have prayed lately to have the motivation to work harder.
So, after walking to my half way point where i turn around (about 2 miles) I had to hang Sally Jane's Soupie over the stoller because on the way back the sun is in their eyes. Sally Jane pulled it down and kept burrying her face in it. After walking about another mile, with only one mile left to go home, I realize that Sally Jane had dropped her blanket. What to do? Go all the way home and then drive back looking for the blanket or start walking back to look for it. I thought it can't be too far back so i start walking. Sure enough it was laying on the road right where I turned around which now added another 2 miles to my 4 mile walk. Then it gets funnier, because i start freaking out at the time realizing I have got to get home, so that makes me start running.
So lesson learned becareful what you pray for. I added 2 extra miles today, lots of intensity, just what i had prayed for the desire to do. The bummer thing is that I forgot to turn on the Garmin so I didn't even have my long distance doucmented.
so today spilt soup was a good thing.

4 comments:

skbkmjfamily said...

I love that your whole family has one. Oh, and I love my garmin. When you move to Idaho (I hope we are still here) you will have to come running with us. I am like you, I have to go with someone else so they will push me and pull me.

jenny said...

I don't think I would be as eager to go if I didn't go every morning with angie. Like you said it truely is a motivator and plus less boring and the time goes by way faster. Just think maybe you can eat double treats since you went "double" today. That is what I usually find myself doing just for self reward purposes.

Jill said...

That's a pretty great story, especially since you were praying for the desire to work harder. Great photo too.

Amy said...

I guess the lesson to learn is to watch what you wish for! You just might get it. Way to avert a disaster! The loss of a soupie could be a terrible thing!