Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Amazing Friends.
today was load the truck and clean the house day. The strongest men I have ever seen came to load all of our goods in the truck. '
Then the true miracle began. First 3 young men from church came over to trim and mow our lawn. ( they got a little last minute tramp tanning in).
Then over the next 5 hours women came over to help clean my house. I was overwhelmed! I could never have done this without their help. The house was spotless! thanks to Cara for taking off the nobs of my oven and cleaning them along with every baseboard corner. to Fran for steam cleaning my entire upstairs! To Laressa (pictured above) for shopvacing my garage. thanks Leslie, Shaylce, Laura, Kari, Fran, Kristi, Rayleen, Lareesa, Jill(the silent server who snuck in and left without me saying thanks and goodbye) .
We spent the night at the Omans and after taking care of my kids for two days straight, she threw us a surprise going away party.
Goodbye Allans. Peaches. Welsh's darling YW Critchlows Omans Stolworthys Cliff's Crams Deere's Beairds Sheerwoods Missionaires. and goodluck BYU freshman

One of the highlights of the night was that about 15 minutes after our Bishop at our church had left he came back to give Annie Kate a gift. In November she will be baptized. She has been a little sad that she won't turn 8 here in Nashville. He gave Annie Kate a small piece of marble from the Nashville Temple. He asked her to have the date of her baptism engraved on one side and the day she gets married on the other. He said "Remember, Right time, Right place and right person." It meant so much to her and me! Photo!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful bishop- and what a special tradition they have going there. The temple marble is such a sweet idea- it made me cry. Annie Kate will always treasure it.

Tasha said...

I love that quote- right time, right place, right person. Those are words to live by! It sounds like you were surrounded by great people in Nashville!

Jill said...

I love that quote too! What a cool thing to give Annie Kate, especially since she's old enough to remember it forever.