Pages

Monday, July 03, 2006



Changes for the good.

Although this move has been hard on all of us, I have seen the biggest change in Annie Kate. She does not seem herself for the bad and the good. The good being this.
She is not as shy as she used to be. She goes up to kids at the pool and just starts playing with them. Today she wanted to share her testimony in front of the entire congregation (something we do the first Sunday at our church) She had done it one time in Nashville but it was something she prepared for, for weeks. I could not belive my shy Annie Kate was in front of a bunch of strangers.
The other thing she did today was volunteer to give a talk in primary. This is the first time she has given the talk. The past times in our old ward she got up there, cried and had me read it. So for her to volunteer was shocking. Then she wrote the talk herself, got up there and read it. (It was great that Bevan and Amanda could be there too)
So, for all the weird stuff Annie Kate is doing, I need to be thankful for the new great things that we are seeing in her too.
Here is her talk:

My talk is about praying. When you ask God for something you have to believe with your hear. When we pray, in the beginning you say Dear Heavenly Father and at the end you say name of Jesus Christ amen. I was the only child inmy family for five years. I prayed that I would have a brother or sister. I got a sister. Heavenly Father answered my prayers.
Annie Kate age 7

An idea that our primary does is that they photo copy all the talks given by the kids and then save them and use them in primary program in October. I thought is was a cute idea.

No comments: