Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!


Holiday's do something to my system. I love them. I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited. It is not even noon but I feel I have so much I could write about.
Annie Kate's hair turned out awesome for her Pipi Longstocking costume. She will have a parade at school so she got to wear her hair like this this morning. She was so excited! It was our first test with the wire and it worked just like she said it would.
Last night we got invited to an awesome family party from some people from church. (I am still so thrilled they invited us) The family has 8 kids. The mother had a baby the same year as her oldest daughter and she looks younger then me! It was something out of Martha Stewart with pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, pumpkin choc. chip cookies, pumpkin carving, apples and yummy caramel dip, family and friends everywhere. I didn't take a lot of photos because I didn't know these people and didn't want to be too buggy. Yet I wanted to take photos of everything. We carved our pumpkin and had a great time.I was proud of myself for asking the lady at the gym today to put another movie in. As I walked in the Power Ranger movie was starting. My purpose was two fold one because of not wanting Caroline to get any ideas that she is not wearing her Sleeping Beauty costume, but mainly because I think it way too old for her age! Seriously there are young kids in there. The lady was a little mad, and I said it is rated PG! For crying out loud am I over reacting. Ok if I am I don't care I am sticking to my guns on that one!
I took the girls to McDonalds. For some reason I take the kids every year. I think it started because they used to have Halloween toys that we would get. But I could not break tradition. We got there when they were still serving breakfast, which my kids love those pancakes more than anything.

I packed Annie Kate's lunch today with everything orange. I was running so late I didn't' get a photo. cheetos, orange slices, cheese... and then with this cute photo of pipi longstocking. Saying,
"Happy Halloween Pipi we love you! Mom and Dad!"

It is going to be a great day. Have a wonderful Halloween and I will be excited to write about the rest of our day.


7 comments:

Laurie said...

Happy Halloween to the Tradition Queen! Thanks for getting the rest of us more excited. The pigtails are perfect!

mimi said...

Annie Kate looks marvelous. She is a perfect Pippi. Can't waiat to see the other girls in costume.

Angie said...

Happy Halloween. Annie Kate looks great as Pipi! Can't wait to hear more about your traditions today.
The party you were invited to sounds fabo, wish I could think up these things before others come up with such wonderful ideas.

Way to stick to your guns on the movie choices at the gym. That is buggy.

michelle said...

AK's Pippi hair is the best. Love the smile, too. I would totally back you up on the movie switch!

Anonymous said...

She looks SO cute!
Happy Halloween!!!

Anne said...

Cute costumes! Happy Halloween!

Jill said...

I haven't been so excited enough to be sleepless the night before a holiday since I threw that surprise party for Randy back in 1995! Apparently it's not that fun for me anymore. Lame.

I love the thought of the all orange lunch and cute note for Annie Kate. You do such fun things.