Pages

Monday, October 09, 2006

Incredible weekend

leaving Friday and actually when we thought we would, a stop at the ribbon outlet (oh soo nice), talking of where we would live someday, trying to find a subway, getting to the cabin which is called "Bearadise" the girls running wild with excitement, kristi crying because she is so happy and squeezing jeff, all of us jumping in the hot tub, UNO pizza for dinner on the lake, getting groceries, bonfire at the cabin making smores, watching your husband sing campfire songs you didn't know he knew, waterfall faucet in the girls jucuzzi bath tub, annie kate gets her own room and gets to watch a movie, flipping the day bed so it becomes a crib, watching Titanic (why do I torture myself) calling Ryan to wish him happy birthday at midnight, morning in the hot tub, pancakes and bacon, jeff chips off his front tooth eating the bacon, he will be called hill billy jeff for the rest of the trip and will not smile in photos, fishing on the lake, collecting acorns on the beach, pink boots in the water, another bonfire for lunch to make blackberry hobo pies, everyone takes naps, everyone jumps in the hot tub, bbq chicken on the grill, big explosion, jeff burns his eyes, looses his eyelashes and most of his eyebrows (kind of scary) lots of cold compresses, yummy dinner, another jump in the hot tub, the girls are exhausted, watch season one of arrested development, more hot tub, girls wake up too early, hike to the waterfalls, so many great photo ops but have a camera I have no idea how to use, find catipillar number 2, lunch on the lake again at UNO's, drive to check out Wisp ski resort, back to the cabin to jump in the hot tub, check my messages at home to get a call from a blogger who gives me great sightseeing tips, little more acorn hunting and fern hunting to press and frame (I seem to always find a project) a night by the fire reading, Caroline wakes up to come snuggle with jeff, last morning, farewell to the hot tub, AK and jeff try some more fishing while we pack, find the state park, feed the geese whole pieces of bread, Caroline falls in the lake, one more crack at fishing.. no fish all weekend, say goodbye to deep creek lake and the incredible fall colors, have lunch at Penn Alps restaurant, visit the Spruce Forest Artisan Village, buy pewter pineapple ornament, head home, sit on freeway after a car blew up 200 yards ahead of us, talk to people on the freeway and pet their dogs, stop off at the LL Bean outlet and score some major deals, drive home and talk about where we will love some day, come home to great mail, a warm house and a stronger family.
Deep Creek Lake 2006
still downloading my 350 photos. i love smugmug!

19 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! I can't believe that was your first solo family vacation. Isn't it nice to be away from the grind with your husband and kids? It's nice to be able to let loose, and have nothing but fun! Oh, and I'm jealous that you got to eat at Uno! I love that place. I ate there a lot in San Francisco when I was in high school. Good memories!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristi, that sounds WONDERFUL! I love the way you journaled this, it is so personal and I can tell all of you had a unforgettable time! Eastern fall colors are to die for!

Jill said...

I was just looking at the photos you've loaded so far and I have to say that place looks like paradise! Definitely my kind of vacation. It sounds like you guys had such a wonderful time, other than Jeff's chipped tooth (on bacon really?) and his singed eyebrows and eyelashes, yikes. Very cool!

Tasha said...

What a weekend! I love the description! I can't wait to see the pictures!
T

everything pink! said...

you can see most of them if you click deep creek lake on this post.

Anonymous said...

oh thanks for a little vacation for me just by reading it! ahhh i feel relaxed- especially all the hot tub parts!!
you are too cute and check your email!
im off to check your photos!

Anonymous said...

I love your family. All those pictures are so great and your recap of the weekend gives me hope that family vacations can be fun. Looks like paradise!

Kari Lynne said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad that you guys did that. You deserve a vacation like that. I'm jealous! I want to come and visit in the fall. Those colors are amazing. You took really good photos for not knowing how to use your camera.

Anonymous said...

sounds like heaven on earth. I can picture you crying at the start of this amazing and long-awaited for trip---your family deserves this! I'm so glad you can spend such incredible time together....finally!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your title photo.
Bearadise indeed... maybe a Columbus Day tradition for your family!

Bond Girl 007 said...

what an awesome vacation...i can't wait to see the pictures...the hot tub sounds soo cool!

Laurie said...

Incredible scenery. Now I know why they say the fall colors on the east coast are spectacular. What a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome trip. The pictures are fabulous. Sorry about Jeff's tooth and singed eyelashes and eyebrows -- that sounds a little scarey. Looks like a great vacation spot, and the girls are getting so big!! I love Caroline's pink boots. The good mail greeting you when you came home made a nice ending to your trip. Glad you had a good time -- you certainly deserve a wonderful vacation together as a family!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the whole low down and all the pictures. Aaron and I love it back east. We hope to permantely reside in Ohio one day.

Serendipity said...

It doesn't get any better than this...
It sounds like you had a fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

sounds like quite a trip! what fun! your family sounds incredible. glad everything went so well and that jeff is ok considering.

Anonymous said...

Kristi--what a wonderful weekend! I know your girl's will have great memories of this trip!

amy gretchen said...

Sounds like you guys had an amazing time. I love looking at the photos. Beautiful.

michelle said...

Holy cow! How did you guys fit so much into one weekend? You sure do know how to have fun.