Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2006

8 is great!
Today, Thanksgiving Day, is my first daughter's birthday. Sweet Annie Kate. I get so teary just even writing this first sentence. I love her so much! I went through the photos I have of her and just had to put on some of my favorite. It shows how this girl can do so many things. Not that she is great at everything she tries, but she definitely tries.

She is ultra smiley and one of the things her teacher told me was that there has not been a day this year that she has not walked in the door with a smile on her face. She has way more style than I do. She can change a bobbin on a sewing machine, use a laminator, cut with a die cut machine, do 4 pull ups on Jeff's bar, wears a size 2 shoe, put her hair in two pony tails, cast with her fishing pole, loves to be tested in math, climb the tree in front of our house, heely with ease, likes to eat peanut butter and honey, can climb a wall like spiderman, does not drink soda; water is her favorite drink, loves her sisters and today is 8 years old.

Happy Birthday my sweet freckle face!

and oh my, I am so behind on blogging, so much great fun stuff has been going on I need a big catch up day... and can't wait to share how good my mailbox has been to me....





10 comments:

Amanda said...

Hurray Annie Kate! We can't wait to celebrate with you next weekend...but until then have a happy thanksgiving birthday day!

stefanie said...

It doesn't seem possible for Annie Kate to be eight years old! She was always such a sweet and funny little girl and a great friend to Riley... oh how he loved her!

I hope you all enjoy the Thanksgiving and Birthday celebrations!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And Happy Birthday to Annie Kate!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Annie Kate! I remember seeing you in that very dress! Can't believe you are so big!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday AK! I love the stories you tell about her- loved the birthday list and I can't get enough of her super cute freckles! I am so very envious of her fantastic freckles!

melanie said...

I always wanted freckles as a little girl. I would have been so envious of AK! I can't wait and also dread the day my oldest turns 8, both for the same reason. They will be growing up (exciting) and not staying little (sad) all in the same day. Does that make any sense?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE KATE!!!!!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to one of the cutest girls I've ever seen!

LG said...

Happy Birthday Annie Kate!!!! When is she going to be baptised?
Liesel

michelle said...

What darling photos! I can't get over the one on the rock wall... and I can't believe she has more style than you! Impossible. Happy birthday Annie Kate!

Bond Girl 007 said...

what a fun and beautiful name! great pictures...gosh so many memories...the outfits are just awesome!