Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Blessing Mix
Here is one of my few Thanksgiving Traditions. I made these "Blessing Mixes" to give to friends, neighbors and the gals I visit teach (can I just say how much I love visiting teaching!)
It has a variety of items in it that represent something about Thanksgiving.
You should be able to click on the graphic and print it for your own labels.

What you will need to buy at the store.
  1. Bugles
  2. small folded pretzels
  3. orange slices, like Brachs
  4. Candy Corn
  5. peanuts (I like to buy the ones in the shell because they take up more space)
I then put them in the clear bags that you can get at the craft store. Fill them half way. fold over and staple shut. Cut out paper 5"x6". fold it in half over the bag and then punch two holes and feed the ribbon through and tie in bow (all the ribbon you see here was $.25, love that ribbon outlet!) I printed out labels and added our name at the bottom. punch a hole in the left corner and tie on with twine or embroidery floss. by punching it in left corner it won't get covered up with the bow of the ribbon.
It is a easy thing to make and drop off to friends or bring as a hostess gift if you are going somewhere for Thanksgiving.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Kristi! Thanks for sharing as usual. Yours turned out to stinkin' cute.

Anonymous said...

You are the greatest---this is one of the many reasons why I check your blog each day! I've printed them off for David to take home teaching! I also grabbed the chocolate advent calendars for my visiting teaching friends! You're incredible! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Kristi! Thanks for the idea. Do you have any ideas for gifts for Young Women? :)

Laurie said...

Different Laurie here. Hey, that is the cutest idea I have seen for T-day. Thanks for always sharing the specifics on how to do it!!

Jill said...

That's very cute, I love all your great ideas and the excellent way you dress everything up.

You could also add this quote about the pilgrims.

"The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. -H.U. Westermayer

Bond Girl 007 said...

Fantastic! what a wonderful idea!

everything pink! said...

jill, the quote is going on the bags too, thanks for the new tradition!!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea!! I can hardly wait to send these out. Thanks for sharing your ideas! I also used the pumpkin bread recipe. It was a hit! You are a wonder!

Unknown said...

Kristi-
How can we get a copy of the quote paper?

Heather said...

Thanks for the terrific idea! I can't wait to start this tradition!

michelle said...

Love it. Such a pleasing photo with all of them lined up, ready to give.

Liz said...

What a great idea. THey look so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

Serendipity said...

Thanks for another great idea!
You are always so terrific to share...
Thanks for the details on how to put it all together!

Chanel Palmer said...

Thank you for the idea! I hope you get extra blessings for the drastic improvements that have occured in my visiting teaching. I also loved Jill's quote.
Thank you again!