Pages

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Today is Annie Kate's baptism. She seems very excited. Both sets of Grandparents are here and her Aunt and Uncle. The sky is clear outside but a little chilly.
Last night my visiting teacher went with me and Amanda to set up the church. She cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the chalkboards and showed me all the little tricks to fill the font without setting off the fire alarm. She made it possible for their to be a musical number today, by teaching Annie Kate a song on Thursday to sing with her daughter. Then if I wasn't already sold on the magic of visiting teaching after I got home, the girl I visit teach came to my house at 10:30 pm and brought three dozen doughnuts for all my family in the morning. She said she wanted to do something because she was unable to attend in the morning.
I think it will be a great day and Annie Kate is excited.... We are off.

above are the announcements we sent out. more on that I found a great silhouette artist in NY.

19 comments:

Jordan said...

Those invitations are perfect. Happy day for AK!!

melanie said...

Oh good your blog is back! I love the invitations for her baptism. Silhouettes are so cool, very vintage.

I always remember the day I was baptized. Have a wonderful day with family! I'm sure it will be filled with the spirit AND tears (we know you) of happiness!

Anonymous said...

Happy Day for you all! What a grand day to have AK grandparent's there. I agree with Melanie, you'll be crying . . . and we'll want to hear every detail :)

Love,
Jane

Anonymous said...

ooops. I meant AK's grandparents.

jenny said...

What an exciting time for you and your family. Gosh, it seems like yesterday we were doing that with Taylor. How time flies! Your invitations are gorgeous!

becca said...

Those invitations are so pretty! I love it! I can still remember my baptism day so vividly, from practicing with my dad to the people that were there! It will be a special day for Anie Kate that she will never forget!

Jill said...

I love your invitations, and am so glad both sets of grandparents plus an Aunt and Uncle could be there to celebrate with your family. It sounds like your visiting teachers and friends there are treating you right. I've been thinking about you guys today and hoping all is well.

Anonymous said...

what a special day. congratulations AK on such an important decision. i hope everything went just as you hoped.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear all about it. I cry just thinking of Sadie's special day- and it's 1 1/2 years away! look forward to your post!

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute invites...can't wait to see pictures of your great day!

Adam Buchanan said...

Awesome...that must be totally awesome. hope she liked my baptism story...i worked soo hard on it!~

Anonymous said...

Madison is also excited to see some pictures! She is wondering if anyone thought to bring Annie Kate a warmed towel because it's freezing after you get out of the warm font!

Laurie said...

Love the silhouette. I hope it was very special in every way.

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh what a wonderful day...so memorable and perfect with that invitation!

Angie said...

What a special and exciting day for Annie Kate and your family. I love the silhoette and wish I had one of all of my girls. I remember my Kinder teacher doing one of me and the rest of our class, and this made me want to find it. Hopefully my Mom still has it.

Hope the day went well and you didn't get too teary.

Emily C said...

What a beautiful announcement!

Price Cream Parlor said...

What a sweet invitation! Thanks for the Christmas traditions! LOVE them!

Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

Kristi, here is a link to the video.
Just right click and "save as" in your blog.
Please delete this post once you download the file.

michelle said...

Beautiful invitations. I forgot to mention how great the photos were of the baptism day. I especially loved the picture of the calendar!