Pages

Friday, February 02, 2007

here is my delay in posting about my wonderful good mail these past few weeks. I just have to give Jill credit everytime I post about this and just say what a difference sending and documenting good mail has done for me. so again and this won't be the last time you hear this from me... Thank you!
Jill sent me this great book. I love books that have the rough edges that look old and are uneven.... does anyone know what that is called? (I bet stacy knows) Hey I will do a ribbon reward for anyone who can tell me because I am so curious. 11.5 yards coming your way if you know.

She also sent this cd that I got in the mail hours after I had asked everyone what some of there favorite "get up and go songs" are. It is a great CD. she makes the best mixes.
Don't miss her history of good mail post from today! Jill you should put that on your sidebar
Amie sent me these yummy candle melts. I don't know if that is what they are called. But they bring scent in seconds. I am like a student in chemistry class mixing them all to find a new scent. I love them.
Allison put together some recipes and sent them to everyone. They are a great collection of yummies.
She got such a great response and her and I have been talking that we are going to put together a "Blogging cookbook" with this wonderful network of people like you!!! So lurkers or blog owners get ready for more info on this. It is going to be so wonderful. We are having them professionally printed, and using the talents of many of you to put it together. they will have the chicken Parmesan recipe, jumbalya and many more recipes that you have seen some of us talk about. You will be able to have names and address in the back so that when you make someone's recipe you can send them good mail to tell them how much you loved it. so get your recipes ready and get excited!!!
My shrinking friend Anne sent me this to me. I had not even sent her a thank you for the great birthday gift she sent me. Check this out. I love the orange and pink envelope.
Last week I got this huge box from my dear friend Kim G. I have always said I want to be her fan club president. She is such an amazing person. She sent me many goodies with a whole pineapple theme. I am embarrassed to post them all but they can be found in my good mail galleryy. This print I had to show you. It is a page from an encyclopedia from the 1800's and is handpainted. Her and I love quilts but love old ones even more. She reminded me why, because they tell a story. She hinted of the idea of how many people had seen this page in the book and who had touched it. Thanks Kim you were too generous to me and I treasure our friendship.


Doodlebugs - Ms. Kacey sent this to me. A box full of ribbon. It is the really nice kind that is rough grosgrain. Girl you did not have to do this, but I am so glad you did. Thanks so much she di this just for me talking about her on my blog... which I know she will be embarrassed I said this. She is a true southern gal full of grace!This was such a darling idea for a card i got in the mail today from Emily (soon to be blogger.. right em?) she made them with paper source round labels. it was such a great reminder of such a great weekend.

big thanks to my other birthday gifts that came in the mail. Sharon, Cristin and Spencer.

12 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so happy that you posted your good mail! I know you get tons of stuff, but it seems like you don't post it very often (Is this humility? Don't do it.) It's inspiring to see what other people get and what people are giving so you're doing the world a favor when you share your joy! I'm coveting that ribbon.

michelle said...

What a great bounty. I love that you got a whole pineapple-themed box, and of course I adore the ribbon!

Anonymous said...

Ah...you know me too well. It's called a "deckle edge". And I love books with it as well. Does this mean I get wonderful ribbon? Or just a promise that you will take me to the store when we come visit? What wonderful Good Mail.

Anonymous said...

I am beyond excited about the cookbook!

I love the pineapple package!

Anonymous said...

killer pineapples...lisa is a huge fan of the apple of the pine.

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff, Kristi! I am totally stoked about the Cookbook!! I am all about that! I just sent a letter out yesterday to my girlfriends asking for five recipes each b/c I wanted to do a fun pink & green "girlfriend" cookbook. But, bloggers...holy moly, that would be awesome. Anyway--love that ribbon--cool stripes. You are so loved!!!

Anonymous said...

What great good mail! I love all the pineapple stuff. I'm excited about the cookbook because I love recipes. I organized a "quick and easy" recipe swap with some friends where we all put in one week's worth of meals that we cook all the time...in the end we each had 17 weeks worth of meal planning already done for us. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. If I can help with the cookbook project, I'd be more than happy to!

melanie said...

Your Good Mail is just plain amazing! You are a very loved woman and that has to feel so good! Remembering it when life is hard would be a sweet moment! I would love a blogger cookbook, count me in! I hope my waistline could handle it! The ribbon, the pineapples, everything is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Kristi- wow, I love all those goodies. The ribbon is especially delicious. Enjoy your "good" mail : )

-Katie

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to come tell you that books like that are called "Deckle-edged". I found this quote....

"The wooden frame or deckle leaves the edges of the paper slightly irregular and wavery. This wavy edge is called the "deckle edge" and is one of the indications that the paper was made by hand. Deckle-edged paper is occasionally mechanically imitated today to create the impression of old-fashioned luxury."

I love books with that look too! It was fun to learn something new about it!

Doodle Bugs said...

Thank you for sharing your good mail!! I love the pineapple goodies!! Way cool. Enjoy your ribbon :o)

carlo said...

Great good mail!

I am so excited about the blogger cookbook! I have a (small) collection of cookbooks that I love to look at but I find the ones I actually use most are the "tried and true" collections. Count me in!