He typed up a summary of the lesson he gave us for us to read over.
The lesson was on Marriage.
Quote: "I can also speak of great happiness because, thanks to my beloved wife, I have found in marriage the richest fulfillment of human existence."
How can marriage be constantly enriched? Ask yourself these questions
- Am I able to think of the interest of my marriage and spouse first before I think of my own desires?
- How deep is my commitment to my companion, aside from any other interest?
- Is He or She my best friend?
- Do I have respect for the dignity of my spouse as a person of worth and value?
- Do we quarrel over money? Money itself seems neither to make a couple happy, nor the lack of it, necessarily, to make them unhappy. A quarrel over money is often a symbol of selfishness.
- Is there a spiritually sanctifying bond between us?
- Divine Presence