Pages

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Simple Saturday

Oh my after last night I was too exhausted to do anything adventures today. Staying up till midnight just about did me in.

It was our neighborhood garage sale. Instead of having it at their personal homes everyone brought their items to the club house lawn. There was a ton of stuff and no driving and getting lost.girls headed to the bargain shopping

We went as a family (what was I thinking) and the kids got bored fast as did Jeff. Which is a reminder of "husband to be list" that I made after I got off my mission. It only had three things on it. I got two out of the three.
  1. had a paper route as a boy (Jeff had one all through high school)
  2. felt comfortable around old people (when Jeff and I were dating he was working in a nursing home)
  3. enjoys going to garage sales (no chance, no how)
So I can't complain because I knew what I was getting when we got married.

I picked up a few things. One being an old sewing stool for $2.00, which totally needs to be refinished.

We spent some time at the pool.

And got to try out our new diving sticks for the year.

Jeff went golfing for the first time in over a year. I was kind of laughing that this is the first Saturday, since we moved here, that we did not spend as a family. I think we have been making up for so many years of lost time with him, that it has taken about a year before we could consider not just soaking up every minute together. ( another hidden blessing about graduate school)

We had went to our town square for the kick off of the Saturday night concerts outside. Summer is coming - just can't wait for school to end. Two more weeks.

***blogger spell check - I didn't misspell one word. This is a first. Now if I can just work on my grammer***

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Love garage sales, and how nice to have it all in one place! Those diving sticks are so fun...I will be getting some for my boys tomorrow! Concerts in the park is a SURE SIGN of summer!

everything pink! said...

rachel. diving sticks on sale at Target!

Jill said...

That's quite a list of qualities you wanted in a husband, maybe I should have had a list!

Congrats on not misspelling anything, I love it when that happens though it's rare!

kara jayne said...

I have almost given up hope for my grammar! Spelling is not much better since I just almost put grammer instead of grammar! Anyway, I just had to let you know how much I relate to the post graduate school thing! Paul is an Oral Surgeon which means a four year residency AFTER four years of dental school. It is a blessing though beause he loves what he does and we appreciate having him around more than ever!!

stefanie said...

Garage sales for me, are more fun to have, than to go to. I love the idea of getting money for all the stuff I don't want anymore.

Glad you guys are getting caught up on quality time as a family. I know that for so long that was so rare for you to get.

Natasha said...

Love the matching outfits on your girls. My son is starting to complain but I love to dress my kids alike!

Anne said...

I also enjoy garage sales, if you ever need a more willing participant, let me know!

Maybe I should make a husband to be list, although it's not like I have a million guys knocking down my door (I'd settle for just one or two!!).

Congrats on the spelling. The Scripps spelling bee must have rubbed off on you!