No one screamed when I brushed and placed in bows in their hair for church. MIRACLE
and it was a miracle because they worked. I think i have been killing the yeast. I used a thermometer this time. I can't believe I didn't take a photo of them out of the oven, but they were big and yummy!
I made Allison's yummy cookies to bring for munch and mingle after church. I was so glad that I had some growing grass to put in the center of our flower cookies.
the reason this is noteworthy is because I have such a fear of bringing food to events. I always feel like what ever I bring never gets eaten. Is that so weird to admit, but true. So I feel like I add ribbon to the tray or real grass and a fake bird to entice people to my food and maybe the will at least try it. I can't tell you how many times I have left an event with my serving tray still full of food. That was the blessing about downtown, no plates were empty at the end of any event. Now that i type that out I laugh at what a funny insecurity that is for me. (and all the cookies were eaten)
and last was my notes from Relief Society. It was ward conference and it was pretty amazing. One of the missionaries from San Diego was playing the harp as we walked into Relief Society and then played the most incredible musical number with his violin in sacrament meeting.
We were given a 3x5 card by the Stake Relief Society President encouraging us to write down one thing from the lesson. I doodled the whole time. I was so touched by her lesson that i photo copied my card and sent it to her with a note from what really touched me.
here are a few things on my card.
- Remember your miracle (talking about when you gained a testimony)
- have your words be thoughtful and constructive
- Charity covers a multitude of sins
- Stand Strong and Immovable
- Take a Self Inventory every week (Jill you were so on to something!)
- I am my Heavenly Father's daughter and I am about my Father's business
- Build your house on a rock (we sang the song with actions)
- She reminded us that life was noisy and to simplify
- God will overcome evil
- Stand up and be Women
- A Marvelous Work is about to come forth - and how that can apply to being a mom not just a missionary.
1. Make and keep covenants with Him.
2. Are worthy and worship in His temples.
3. Study His doctrine in the scriptures and the words of prophets.
4. Qualify for, recognize, and follow the Holy Ghost.
5. Share and defend His gospel. (could blogging fit into this category for me?)
6. Participate in sincere personal and family prayer.
7. Have family home evening.