Pages

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

This was a sign on the lawn on BYU campus during Women's Conference. It seemed fitting for the ground as well as all the women there. I am glad Jill took a photo of it. I think it would make a great t-shirt to give to all my Young Women, yet could be fitting for any age really.

Today I went outside to find all these sprouts all over different planting boxes in the back yard. I have not planted anything for summer yet so I was surprised to see them popping up everywhere. Caroline then told me she found a bag of sunflower seeds and planted them all over the back yard.
After School today her and I both just looked at all the sprouts in AMAZEMENT of what came out of this seed shell. It is a miracle really. This is why I think gardening is good for me because it truly increases my faith in the spiritual part of my life.
I have come home from Women's conference really a different person - I seriously feel like I value my job as a mom so much more than before I left. I think I struggle with the worth of my job on a day to day basis.
I can't wait to write about what I have learned, who I ran into, who surprised me and made my cry my guts out, all the yummy things I ate ( Utah food I love you) and just the overall feeling I had.... but I must get myself organized with Young Women's stuff, it seems to be crashing on me and get ready to go out of town again until next week. I have so much to do to get ready and hope I can really prioritize my time to get everything done that I need to.

12 comments:

patsy said...

Oh I LOVE That Caroline planted those & they are GROwing!!!

what a great women's conference-
I can't wait to read your notes someday - you are awesom-
what lucky YW you have!

Amy said...

I have a suggestion for next time you're out here--a mint brownie taste test. Yes the BYU ones are good, but how do they measure up to the ones from Kneaders or Flour Girls and Dough Boys bakery in American Fork? The best thing is that there are so many good mint brownies within minutes of Jill's house! I'm glad you had such a fun trip!

The 5 Bickies said...

I love the sign!

A friend and I were talking about your faith and we love that women and Moms are supported and encouraged. I can't wait to hear about your trip and what you got out of it.

Good Luck with the prep you need to get done. You will do it!

Jill said...

I'm seriously in love with that sign from the grounds at BYU. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

How cute that Caroline planted all those seeds! The picture of the sprout with the shell still attached is awesome!

Good luck with all your YW stuff and weekend trip prep, you're a busy girl!

michelle said...

What a wonderful post, Kristi! I feel much the same way. I am feeling the value of my job in a bigger way as well -- and not just the completely overwhelmed way I often feel with so much responsibility -- just that I can have so much influence for good. I'm really motivated.

SO glad you could come again!!

Lauralee said...

great sign.. something I need to remember about my girls! maybe I need to make that in vinyl!
I hope the inspiration I felt at wc, will last.. I feel the same.. intentional parenting is something I am not always good at.. I manage my kids, and household.. but really thinking about the influence I am having on them was something I was made more aware of at WC... fun to meet you in person! :)

wende said...

nice sweatshirt annie kate. and i'm cracking up over caroline letting you know that she had planted some seeds. so cute!

i'm glad you had a great time in utah. i'm sorry i never got down to provo to see you in person. i'm glad you got some yummy mint brownies though. :)

wende said...

oh, and i'm dying over that sign! i need this on a t-shirt for sure. so perfect.

melanie said...

I love that sign too. So cute that Caroline's seeds are blooming. And that you took the time to check them out with her. Such a good mom!

You really inspire me to find a way, any way to get to Women's Conference next year. I need the uplifting that happens there.

Tasha said...

Next year I've got to get to Women's Conference. What a great uplifting weekend!

Holly said...

That sign says SO much and can apply to many areas of our lives as well as the actual plant/flower growth. Love it!

Good luck with all your YW stuff!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been a year since we met. I couldn't go this year due to my back surgery but we'll have to be sure to meet again next year.

We all need those spiritual joltz to keep us energized for the next year.