Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2006


Annie Kate was home sick today so we worked on her Valentines. I got yet another great idea from my friend Sonja D. (she is the one who came up with the idea for the pillows) One year she had her daughter write something special about each student in the class. So today we designed these cards and then she came up with something unique about each student. It was so fun. (and yes annie had a big part in it. I didn't pick to do them in yellow and pink, although it cam out quite cute)
We designed them with my new favorite program, Scrapbook Factory. We printed them on HP presentation paper (if you have never used this before it is awesome) then ran it through the xyron sticker machine and mounted it on chipboard. Fonts used. Mr. Giggles, Beef Broccli, Beautiful, American Classic found at Two Peas in a Bucket.
We punched two holes to string some ribbon through so they could hang it on something like a hook or their door.
I know I probably should have saved this for my Valentines post but I thought it was such a fun idea for kids i wanted to share before so you could do it too.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Seriously? You even mounted them on chipboard? You're so out of control it's not even funny. Those are Valentine's the kids won't throw away. So cute--and what a cool mom you are to do that with Annie Kate.

michelle said...

Oh stop it. You're killing me. That almost makes me want to make homemade valentines...