Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

These shoes have become quite a topic of conversation around our home for the past few months. "Everyone" at Annie Kate's school has a pair. She has been going crazy to buy some. She saved her money for a few weeks, but then would find something else that she wanted more and it would go on and on. I wasn't willing to buy her some for three reasons. 1. Everyone had them and 2. they were $30. 3. we had just bought her a pair of shoes that were great too. Now don't get me wrong I have spent that much for shoes in the past, but there was just something about $30 for these rubber shoes. And it was winter, if it had been summer i am sure i would have been swayed easier.
So today I am at Wal-mart and what do they have but Croc knock offs, for $8.82. Woo Hoo!

I had to pick up Annie Kate from school early because she is sick and they have a huge spread of Scarlet Fever going on. We get home and I show her the shoes! The once sick little girl is jumping all around, puts on the shoes (believe it or not i didn't get pink, i got lime green) and gives me a big $30 smile for her $8.82 shoes!

3 comments:

michelle said...

You gotta love the knockoffs, especially for kids! Personally I don't understand the appeal of these shoes, but I have seen them everywhere. And I have to say, lime green is just as cute as pink, especially when you put them together!

Jill said...

Did you say Scarlet Fever is going around? What's up with that? Good thing you waited long enough to get them at Walmart instead of sucking it up and paying $30--crazy.

Anonymous said...

OK_ we are in mud central here with our new house and I just bought my kids the Aspen crocs (without the holes) so I didn't have to deal with muddy shoes. They wear them EVERYDAY and are totally worth the money in my opinion. Of course Nordstrom didn't have purple in Emma's size so I had to order them- purple is her "pink" to your girls. But I love the Crocs!If I could have found the closed-toe-no hole in knockoff I would have! -heather