Pages

Friday, March 17, 2006


higHest biDder!
Last night was our Relief Society's* first enrichment this year and a celebration of the birth of the organization. It was an awesome night!
The theme was a service auction. Everyone picked some form of service that they would donate to be auctioned off, ie: babsitting, photo shoot, quilt, family game, baked goods, prepare your will for you, stoller etc. The way you earned money was by answering a list of questions
and then gets points for them which turn into fake money.
I wrote in more detail about it on my smugmug site and took a ton of photos. click here if you want to bask in the festivities.
I made a bag with the seal of the theme of Relief Society, "Charity Never Faileth" then i bound a R.S. manual with a cute cover.
I only had $340 and most things were selling for about $500 so i was a little poor last night. and then of course i am chatting with friends so i missed half of the stuff for sale. but i did get a cool set of handmade cards and tags in a cute little box.
Jordan b. and Sarah c. did a great job and put so much time into it. I am glad is was them and not me!
*to learn more about what the R.S. is click here.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I just looked at all the pictures and am just blown away by how nice everything was. The auction items were so great, the desserts look fabulous, and the food doesn't look like typical RS dinner fare. What a cool night.

The bag and manual you made look so great too. How much did they end up going for? There must have been a bidding war over them. So cool. I'm so impressed by your emroidery machine skills and bag designs. They're awesome.

Anonymous said...

What a fun night! You certainly have a lot of creativity in one ward. I love the RS bag you donated---hint hint. How much did it go for? I'm going to give this idea to our YW President for an idea to raise money for camp.

Jill said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE that bag! I've always loved the Relief Society motto. Love the colors -- too too cute. I would have blown it all to get that bag!

Jill said...

That "other me" is really Michelle.

Anonymous said...

Great Enrichment Night! Thanks for sharing Kristi! You can bet I'm doing this in my ward!

amy gretchen said...

Love this bag. So adorable. Love how the green and pink stand out due to the black. Of course I am a sucker for pokadots. Just curious how long did it take you to make?