Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2006




had to get my fix
last week I found the Goodwill. I was seriously going through withdrawals going two months without going to a thrift store.
I found some great things. Great clothes for the girls. But the above photo is my total find for $1.99. It is painted and signed on the back by the artist. It is of George Washington and his dog.
I repainted the frame and think it looks so much better. (the photo makes it look kind of pinky red , but it is really a dark red)

I love good thrift finds.
Here some of my other finds of the day.

Does anyone know the awesome story of Pres. Washington and his dog?
Here is great book to teach your kids.

7 comments:

michelle said...

What in the world? I missed a day of blogging and now your blog has changed again and is even cuter! I hadn't thought it possible.

I love good thrift finds, too. That is such a cute picture, definitely a good find. I'm kind of surprised it took you so long to find a Goodwill!

Amanda said...

I love Early American style artwork like that...what a great find!

Jill said...

I'm still pretty much only a book shopper at our thrift store. I've looked around a few times, but haven't ever found anything great they way you seem to find. I like to see what you get though so I'm very glad you started a smugmug gallery. By the way, what is that metal thing you bought? Are those cups? I can't tell.

Anonymous said...

Oh man...I'm trying really hard not to covet the picture and the Piggle Wiggle books. Good finds!

everything pink! said...

It is an egg poacher. my mom had one when we were kids.

i have this great recipe for eggs benedict but can't ever make the eggs to look good.
i can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

How did you do that paint job? What steps did you do? It looks so great!

everything pink! said...

let's see. i bought that really cheesy paint from the craft store for fifty cents. then i brushed it on with a ten cent foam brush. that is about it.
i know the technique is new and oh so creative.

thanks mindy for thinking that it might have a little skill involved.
thats why i love you, you think too much of me!