Pages

Friday, October 27, 2006

Stacy this is for you!

6 years ago I met my friend Stacy S. She is an incredible graphic designer and has eyes that sees things that most people would just walk by and pay no notice. I think since knowing her she as taught me a little big of this skill. So last weekend on our big commissary shopping trip I was like a crazed woman looking at all the German imported treats that had for super cheap. I saw this bag of peril covered chocolate with a scalloped edge and said, "Stacy would love these!"
Stacy I wish had not opened them and started eating them, because they would have been fun to send to you.. but we did. But I did think of you.
Can you imagine how cute these will be on a gingerbread house this year!! I am glad a have a photo so when I send Jeff to the commissary next he will know what to look for.

does anyone else go crazy over stuff like this?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how well you know me!!!!!!! Yes I do love them but I am SO glad you didn't send them. It has been one of those weeks where I would have eaten the whole thing in one sitting. I would have to ask to get the blue pants back!! ha-ha

It's so funny you mentioned my wandering eye...
Ellie's preschool friend mom's were laughing at me yesterday because I was telling them to run to Home Depot to get tomato cages for $2.50. If you wire the top closed they would make the best Christmas Tree topiaries when covered with lights or wrapped with greenery. They even have a smaller size to make a little grove of trees on your porch. I told the moms that Mark and I spend so much time at Home Depot for house remodling stuff that I have to dream up creative things to to while I'm there keep myself from going crazy!!!!

Thanks for the shout out. It has helped make this miserable week better.

everything pink! said...

stacy. why have i never thought the cage idea. awesome.
see this is why i love you!

Anonymous said...

The new Mignon Faget catalog is incredible! I have found several items I would LOVE to own .... Did you see the Louisiana Rebirth Fleur de Lis pins at the end of the catalog? They are quite reasonable and really cute. My son's kindergarten teacher in NOLA sent me one and I love it. And part of the money goes to helping rebuild the city!

Anonymous said...

Oh! And the German treats are the best! They really know their sweets over there - chocolate from that part of the world is, in my humble opinion, the absolute BEST! If you ever run across any Manner Schnitten I think you would enjoy those, too. They remind me of Kit Kats a little bit, but with a hazelnut filling. They aren't as cute as the treat you posed, but they do come in a great pink wrapper, so that might appeal to you!

Bevan said...

Ya der Schluckwerder ist sehr shon, aber ich kanne essen nicht der Schluckwerder. Er hatte 100 calories per cookie. Ich mag diesen Reese's Cup mit Caramel. They were only $1.65 a bag at Tar-ghee (french for Tar-get).

Honestly I have no idea what a schluckwerder. It sounds like a made up word like Farfegnugen, Volkwagon, or ICHBINEINBERLINER.

Serendipity said...

You have to LOVE the commissary...always a new find down one isle or another!

Jill said...

I feel like I am totally clueless because I don't know about these German treats and I don't know what that catalogue is.

michelle said...

See, now you have me jealous about the comissary. I love anything involving nonpareils. And I love to say Tar-ghay.