Pages

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Blogging Back up!

Wow, things have so busy and I just have not taken the time to really write down what has been going up.
So here is my summary.

Friday, November 17th.
Annie Kate had her 8th birthday party at Dick's Sporting Goods Climbing Wall. She only invited boys to her party, how funny is that. There were 5 of them all together and they had a great time. Jeff was in Dad heaven with all these boys and loved watching his daughter outclimb them all.
I did $1.00 store backpacks with laminated name tags, water bottles that say "Annie Kate thinks I rock", and little treat bags. She had a real vision for her cake with a large brownie with icing and the #8 in mini m&m's. I was proud of myself for doing just what she asked. She had a wonderful time.
party photos
Saturday, November 18th.
We went to the National Zoo with my friend Mark J and his family. Mark and I went to High School and church together in NM. He now works at the Pentagon and lives in VA. My family had a WONDERFUL time. It was so much fun catching up with him and meeting his darling family. It was such a great day and we got to see the pandas.
zoo photos.Sunday, November 19th
Today was Stake Conference. It is where smaller congregations of my church all meet together in one meeting. I could not believe how many people were there. I loved seeing the sign when we walked in the door saying.
French Translation room 7
Spanish Translation room 9
Chinese Translation room 11
There was also a room to take your small children. I loved thinking I live in a place with so much diversity. They also passed out coloring books for the kids and crayons and pencils from the Stake Primary.
We got to talk to some friends in the hall most of the time, our kids were crazy! But one of the highlights was calling Senator Harry Reid up to share his feelings about the church. With him being the new Senate Majority Leader he is the highest elected official in the history of our church. Whether I believe with what he may say or not, I was amazed by his humble and difficult story of growing up. Coming from parents with now education who did whatever they could so he could have one, was wonderful.
We then went downtown around 5:00pm to take our Christmas photos. I can't post them, because then they would not be that fun to get in the mail if you have already seen the photo. But i am beyond excited with how they turned out. i love creating my Christmas cards every year and this year is no exception. Still have no idea what it will look like, but the next few days I will figure it out.
Ahhh, so I caught up on last weekend now I just need to catch up on all the sites we saw this week with David and Lenessa. Yesterday I took 248 photos just at Mt. Vernon and the National cathedral.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about your experiences. I'm glad you posted the comment about Harry Reid, too. I get very politically frustrated with him so it was good to hear something positive coming from him. Thanks :)

Annie Kate's birthday party idea was great!

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
Sometime I hope that you post your Christmas photo for those of us our here that won't receive one in the mail! :)` On another note, I'm borrowing your "Countdown to Halloween" idea with the tulle/ ribbons/ etc. for a "Countdown to Christmas" for my two kiddos (12.5 and 9.5) and my two little nephews (4.5 and 2)...thanks for all of the ideas! I've had lots of ideas too-but you inspire me to quit procrastinating and just do it!!!!!!!!! ashley in tennessee

everything pink! said...

oh i will for sure post it!
thanks for being curious.

Tasha said...

Kristi,
I can't believe Harry Reid is in your stake! He is a T-Bird from SUU and from Nevada, so I am always inclined to like him, even if he is a little nutty politically from time to time.

How great to have so many nationalities in one building worshiping together. That is wonderful!

Julia said...

Kristi, it sounds like you had a busy, but wonderful week.

We had our stake conference two weeks ago, and like yours, our stake conference was in English, Spanish, Chinese and American Sign Language. In past years we have had separate English and Spanish sessions, but this year they combined them and it was truly an amazing experience. Our wonderful stake president said (and signed) his testimony in all four languages.

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

I'm so glad you're back posting again, it has been disconcerting not to have you online all week.

Annie Kate's party looks fantastic. I love it that she only invited boys. Also, her giant brownie-cake looks so yummy. What a great idea.

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of Harry Reid.

michelle said...

Love the party for AK, what a fun idea! Too cute that she only invited boys. Good for you for making the cake she wanted -- I have to bite my tongue when Lucas asks for the same treasure chest cake every year. (It went with the pirate theme of about 3 years ago!)

That last photo is absolutely stunning!

Jordan said...

So, all boys, eh? Hmmm...I think that's fabulous. And what a great idea for a party. I'm also glad you'll be posting your family pic (after you send them out, of course). Loved the pictures of AK from bygone years.

Anonymous said...

Your stake conference sounds so interesting. What a unique experience to hear from Harry Reid. Can you tell me more about the coloring books your stake primary handed out? Did you find them helpful? I am stake primary president and we have stake conference in 6 weeks. I've often thought of doing something similar.

Amy said...

You have been busy doing cool things as usual! I'm glad you did a catch up post!

Anonymous said...

what exciting adventures you all are having. it's awesome! and what a cool birthday party Annie Kate had...climbing and all boys. how cool is that!

Anonymous said...

I love Annie Kate's party. That would be Darin's dream party as well. I love it that she invited all boys!