Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to my husband.

Today is my husband's birthday. Even though I know most people will not read this long list, it will be a great thing to printed in my blog book for future generations.

Here I go. 100 things about Jeff
  1. He was born in California
  2. His middle name Lyle was named after his Grandpa who passed away before he was born
  3. He has lots of wonderful freckles
  4. growing up he was always embarassed of his ears.
  5. He is an Eagle Scout and completed it the night before is 18th birthday
  6. He grew up in Seattle, Washington
  7. He can imitate any voice and recognize any actors voice in commercials
  8. He graduted from BYU with a degree in Physical Education
  9. His PE teacher in Junior High was his favorite teacher ever
  10. He knows how to juggle, (better than his wife)
  11. He looks up to his older brother more than he will ever know
  12. He looks up to his younger brother even more
  13. He has climbed Mt. Rainer twice ** edit oops 4 times **(bring it on Adam)
  14. He had a early morning newspaper route in High School
  15. He loves to golf, especially if it is early so he can be home by noon
  16. He spent two weeks in Nigeria on a medical mission that was life changing for him. He brought wooden animals home and Malaria.
  17. He lost his wedding ring the first year he was married, camping.
  18. His current wedding ring is from a kiosk in the mall for $12.00 and has had it ever since.
  19. He used to teach skiing to little kids in High School
  20. He is confident but not cocky ( he was on the cover of the National ENT magazine this year and never told his family)
  21. He served a 2 year mission for his chruch in Argentina
  22. He is a great singer but would not admit to that
  23. He runs every day at 6:00 am
  24. He was given the best friend a mother could wish for their son.
  25. He tells his girls stories about his best friend, Curtis, often. They both have all girls
  26. He speaks spanish
  27. He wears the suit he wore at his wedding most Sundays
  28. He loves Civil War history
  29. He loves and appreciates art
  30. His favorite tie is pink
  31. He applied to 27 medical schools
  32. He was accepted to one
  33. He graduated third in his class
  34. He loves to be outside
  35. He has a hard time spending money on himself
  36. He is a Major in the U.S. Army
  37. He can win over anyone throwing beads off a float at Mardi Gras
  38. He loves chocolate cake with pudding in it
  39. He has saved someones life
  40. He has watched someone die
  41. He very rarely talks about himself and what he does for a job
  42. He used to wear glasses until his daughter broke them in half
  43. He broke his nose in Argentina
  44. He loves that he has all girls
  45. He has a few toothbrushes, one lives in his shower
  46. He has longer eyelashes than his wife
  47. He loved his time at Vanderbilt
  48. He rarely if ever complains
  49. He does not quit.
  50. He is still catching up on sleep from 2001
  51. He loves his nieces and nephews and they are often found around him at a family reunion
  52. He loves healthy competition
  53. He does not over react and thinks things through
  54. He is often seen kissing his little girls till they giggle
  55. He loves to do anything wear you have to wear a helmet
  56. He has two gorgeous dimples and all three of his daughters have them too.
  57. He loves mocca chip ice cream
  58. He can tie some incredible knots
  59. Annie Kates loves to see him wear the color orange
  60. He always has tube of chapstick in his pocket and it is most often Vanilla Mint
  61. He had a wonderful group of friends in High School.
  62. His inlaws love him
  63. He loves his grandparents
  64. He is a hard worker
  65. He fly fishes and can tie his own flies
  66. He loves and respects him mother immensely
  67. He was captain of the 4 square team in our old neighborhood
  68. His favorite D.C. memorial is Jefferson
  69. He is very reverent when he prays
  70. He has a firm handshake and will always look you right in the eye
  71. He loves good running socks and won't let them be folded together but likes them laid on top of each other so they don't stretch out.
  72. He hopes to work for many, many years
  73. He believes his life has great purpose
  74. He appreciates a home cooked meal
  75. He makes better gravy than most
  76. He respects the advice of his sisters and would not propose to his wife until them met her and approved. (whew!)
  77. He married his first and only girlfriend.
  78. His dad is one of his best friends even though he says he can whoop him golf
  79. He has his own soupie that is monogrammed with the nick name Mark S. gave him
  80. If you cook him dinner he will do the dishes. He gets that from his dad
  81. He sleeps with the fan on even in the winter
  82. He absolutely loves to ski
  83. He broke his thumb skiing on Christmas day in Colorado one year before graduate school. The hand surgeon looked at him and said I hope you don't ever plan on being a surgeon
  84. He always says I love you before he gets off the phone
  85. He will pass on mushrooms and olives
  86. He can blow a wicked bubble from magic plastic
  87. He secretly loved the 80's
  88. He loves to play Rook
  89. He loves sports but will rarely invest the time in watching an entire game and is fine with just checking the score at the end.
  90. His favorite toy as a kid were his legos
  91. He had a dog named Maxi
  92. He loves Kareoke
  93. His favorite broadway show is Les' Miserables
  94. He is not afraid to get his hands dirty
  95. One of the first things he does when he gets home from work is empty the dishwasher if it is full
  96. He is not afraid to ask questions
  97. He loves going to church
  98. Costco is his favorite store
  99. Considering what he is doing on his birthday this year tells a lot about him
  100. His wife and girls love and respect him very much!

41 comments:

Laurie said...

AWESOME list. What a great guy! It's fun to learn about your husband. Happy Birthday Jeff!

Anonymous said...

My husband lost his wedding ring also, a week after our honeymoon. We bought a ring at a mall kiosk for $7 that he has worn ever since. What a great list.

melanie said...

I love this list and that you have such great photos to go along with it. Love that he passed on the dimples and freckles! What a wonderful husband and loving father! Happy Birthday Jeff!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!!

Kristi, this list is so awesome. Listing 100 things is amazing. Jeff is an exception man.

By the way, I totally remember the trauma when he broke his thumb. Remember you guys were going to feed our cats but called us in Maryland to explain that you'd be gone longer than expected because of the accident. I remember being so upset about his injury and praying for him to recover fully. What a blessing!

Jordan said...

Wonderful post! I read all 100! I think our husband's would get along swimmingly, they have much in common.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post Kristi! It said so much....

Happy Birthday to Jeff.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list. Happy Birthday to Jeff!

Anonymous said...

I was so hoping that you would do a Jeff post today. What a great tribute. Your girls will love reading this when they are older. He is an amazing, humble, hilarious, patient, spiritual, serving, caring and kind man. We have learned so much from him. We love you JCMD!

PS: What IS he doing today???

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the list!Nice for a keepsake with all the pix too!Have a memorable day! -ciao

Anonymous said...

What a fun list and so great to learn about your husband. Happy Birthday Jeff!

Anonymous said...

this is an amazing thing to blog, and an awesome way to share a little bit of your love for jeff!

stefanie said...

A great post about a fantastic man. I love all the photos... feels like you are just next door again. I wish I were there to bring him a big 'ol birthday cake. Please send him my love and wishes for a very happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a great list about our favorite Doc! I'm honored to have made the list (You know that's my goal in life-to make it on your blog). I think he's the only one that ever calls me Marquis. Tell Jeff I'm still building hospitals so he has a place to work. I've learned so much over the years from Jeff, he's a great example for me. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, number 93 is enough for him to win my undying loyalty. Happy birthday Jeff!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! We love you and treasure your friendship!

Anonymous said...

I love that you did this. You seem to make a very good pair.

My husband's birthday is in April, and I've written out about 40 things about him - was aiming for 33, but perhaps I'll follow your cue & expand to 100.

Anonymous said...

Great list. Happy Birthday Jeff!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! You two are the best. We miss you and love you and hope you have the best of days!

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN!! i too agree that our husbands would make great pals..very similiar! i LOVE that he comes home and will unload the dishwasher!!!

my hubby too lost his ring..TWICE!! maybe i need to find some kiosk at the mall it looks like?!?!

THANK YOU FOR THE RIBBON! I JUST KEEP LOOKING AT THEM! i JUST LOVE THEM!! Im going to have a hard time parting with them!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!
That is an amazing list. You can add 101--he is an awesome son-in-law, and a great example to his in-laws. We love you Jeff.
Mom and Dad Buchanan

Anonymous said...

Great list. I think we all should only spend a few dollars on wedding rings, nobody would ever know.

Hey I noticed that a lot of your links to your friends blogs don't work. They say error 400 or something. It was doing this on my blog and I figured out that on mine the address needed to have the extra / at the very end taken off. I hope that makes sense.

amy gretchen said...

Loved reading through the list. Sounds like you have a definite keeper.

Love the photos you shared. Happy Birthday Jeff.

Anonymous said...

I remember when I first got to know you thinking, "her husband is one lucky guy to have her"..... then when I got to know Jeff my opinion changed.... I thought "she is one lucky girl to have HIM".... you are both lucky to have each other! Happy Birthday Jeff!

Laura

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband on his birthday! Happy Birthday Jeff!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!
Great list!

Anonymous said...

I loved learning about Jeff. That was a wonderful list and thanks for sharing with us. It's wonderful that you blogged about him and that you'll have this list forever.

Happy Birthday, Jeff.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful husband! What a great list!
My husband lost his ring surfing.
Happy Birthday Jeff!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeff. Love, Melissa, Scott, Jack, Audrey, Matthew and baby #4 (boy)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
I found your blog from my sister-in-law, Kelly's blog.

The list you made about your husband was beautiful. I especially like the picture of him kissing one of his daughters. Very precious.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Jeff. You can't forget to mention his sweet skils at ROOK. I will never forget playing such an intense game of ROOK with anyone else!
We love you Jeff and hope to see you soon!
Ryan and Rachel

everything pink! said...

uh ryan did you miss #88! hello of course it is on the list.

those were the best times!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! I loved the photos that went along with the great list. Especially the picture of him kissing Sally Jane. What a loving father!

Anonymous said...

what a great list kristi! i can't believe how much ak looks like that first pic. and here i thought she looks just like you! what an incredible husband.

Anonymous said...

I just have to comment here because I could have said at least 20 of the things on your list about MY husband! He also served his mission in Argentina, he was born in California, he has freckles, he runs often, he wears the same suits he did when we got married and that he had on his mission (but he wore a tux for the actual marriage), he has at least 3 toothbrushes and keeps one in his car at ALL times (brushes his teeth A LOT), doesn't over react and is a conscientious thinker, unloads the dishwasher often, hates mushrooms (but loves olives), loves going to church and Costco is his favorite store (followed by Home Depot)!!!

And what's funny is my husband is tall and thin and dark haired too! I just couldn't help speaking up in seeing SO MANY similarities!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful list about your husband! I loved all the photos you included, but the one of him kissing Sally Jane about did me in -- so sweet! I love reading about wonderful husbands and fathers! Happy Birthday to him!

Anonymous said...

yeah vanilla mint is the best... how about the most patient nose which was tested through price canyon in the red jeep...yuck! Yeah after this summit this summer, Im gonna plan on doing some Cali peak or a crazy route on Rainier.

JEFF-Enjoy the jacket! I wish I could hop over to CO and come ski with you.

everything pink! said...

of note for those interested.

The amazing photos of Jeff and the girls were taken by Jill. they are the best photos of our family!

michelle said...

I agree with Crystalyn, I used to think AK looked just like you until I saw the photo of young Jeff! Those photos of him with the girls are amazing, so tender.

I love that you made this list. The fact that you could of think so many wonderful things about Jeff speaks to the kind of man he is. I think you both are truly lucky to have found each other! And I'm shocked that you were his first girlfriend. Good thing you didn't give up!

Amie said...

I love your list and I couldn't wait to read them all. The more personal posts are my favorite.

Jeff sounds like a great guy - I hope he had a fabulous birthday!

Syd said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!! Too cute that you did this for him!! My Maddy shares a birthday with your hubby. I just did a list of 5 for her - lol!! You sound like such an amazing family!!

everything pink! said...

syd, that is nice of you. we are not any more amazing than you and your family, I mean seriously you amaze me!