Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007



Baby Shower Invite.

I made some Shower invitations this weekend and thought i would share the idea and a few things I learned.
I used the Scrapbook Factory Deluxe program. The card is finished 5x7". I always print two to a page. The graphics used in this card are from Two Peas in a Bucket and are the font called "Oh Baby" I printed the the card of white Presentation Paper from HP. I can not emphasize enough what a difference it makes to use this paper!


I cut the white paper to 4 3/4 " x 6 3/4". I cut a piece of chip board 5x7. this gave 1/8" border on the card of chipboard. You can cut chipboard on most paper cutters.
Then my new discovery that I had to share are the Cuttlebug embossing plates!! I cut a large scallop oval out of the Marvy Large Scallop punch. I cut it out of the old fashioned construction paper. I am in love with construction paper lately. it is so easy to print on and it is soft and has texture. Then I used the It's a boy embossing plate. In my Sizzix machine. (you must use the system converter when using embossing plates) Right now Sizzix machines are like $30 at Michael's, I think they may be discontinuing them.
I used brown grosgrain ribbon on the center of the card, glued on with a glue stick. But recently I saw Martha Stewart show putting ribbon in the xyron machine to add adhesive to it. Great idea! I cut the ribbon too big on each side and then trimmed it after it was glued on.
then i learned something big. when you use a glue stick on construction paper, it will be turn the paper yellow in about 24 hours. so i had to use pop dots to adhere the scallop embossed paper to the ribbon. Which was good because it looked a lot better to have it raised up.
I am a huge fan of typing the name and address on the envelope with graphics. It makes it so fun to get in the mail. Graphic is also from the same "oh baby" font.
Then on the back I used the duck in a light blue and layered the address on top of it. On your SFD program, click Arrange and then click send to front.

So there you go! These would also make great birth announcements. If anyone has SFD and wants me to send them the file I am happy to do so. You could just punch in your information.

Thanks to Elizabeth who introduced me to the new Jamestown Stamp, I used these stamps on the envelope. (Remember I am OCD and everything has to match even the stamp!) they were perfect they are blue and brown and I love how big they are. If you live in Virginia, I would buy these up and save them for your Christmas Cards.

*** my other tip is that when doing any invitation go to Fine Stationery.com and get great ideas for wording. or just Google "baby shower invite wording" it is a huge help.

29 comments:

Andy said...

LOVE those Jamestown stamps. And wouldn't you know us "locals" can't even lay our hands on some. Such a bummer!

everything pink! said...

andy. i order all my stamps online!

stefanie said...

So cute! I love layering for invitations - it makes them so much more interesting.

I have used my xyron to put adhesive on ribbon, and I have to say it isn't worth the extra work. As you know, they xyron leaves a gummy edge on everything and then you have to take an adhesive eraser to get all that off.

I have since found that the adhesive runners (either the tombow brand or the ones from JoAnn's) do a great job and you aren't left with all the mess. This is what I used to create the ribbon corners for my wedding invitations.

These how-to posts are great!

Andy said...

Bah! I tried to order them online three weeks ago and they were all gone. Just looked again from your link and GOT THEM!!!! Wahoo!

Andy said...

And what about double stick tape on the ribbon? Says the craft-impaired one. Will that work?

everything pink! said...

Stefanie. thanks so much for the tips, you are like EF hutton with me, when you give craft tips i listen!

and Andy. YEA! i am so glad. i know i ordered a ton!

Rebekah said...

I feel so inadequate...Did you learn how to do this stuff over night?!

The invitation looks great. When you break down the steps it seems so simple, but I would have never known what resources to pull together to create that look. Well done!

I am so tempted to buy that scrapbook program now!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the step-by-step break down! Especially for less crafty ones like myself! I love the blue and brown together...very chic! I'm going to have to find me some of those stamps! Fun!

everything pink! said...

rebekah. if you could see what i used to make, it was crazy! you just have to try it.
buy the program. it makes everything so simple and is a great place to start.
i have actually started using Adobe now, but would never have figured it out if i didn't start somewhere
it is so EASY you can do it and make lots of fun things!

Shauna said...

Very cute. I just made and sent invitations to a shower I am hosting in 3 weeks. I bought a kit a Target to "make" my invitations. I had to send out 75, so the kit was a lifesaver.

Jill said...

Marvelous, I love it when you share all the details of your projects. I need to get some of that HP paper, do you order it online (like your link) or do you get at Office Max or something?

I have used the Xyron for ribbon many times and it's very handy.

Do you have to sit and feed each envelope through the printer front and back? I haven't experimented too much with envelopes, but I like the look yours and will have to try again.

Price Cream Parlor said...

Love this! So cute - so clever! Am I the only one that doesn't know what a SFD is?

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I love that scallop punch and use it all the time. And who knew glue stick turns construction paper yellow! Weird. Does anyone know if you can get SFD for a Mac? I love everything you do with it.

everything pink! said...

lisa, SFD is Scrapbook Factory Deluxe - i was just too lazy to retype it.

everything pink! said...

kelly, i have done some investigation into SFD for the mac and my understanding is they don't but there is something called iremember that seems pretty close.
https://secure.macscrapbook.com/product_info.php?products_id=69

Anne said...

cutest graphics ever!!

Marie said...

I played around on your blog today and there are so many fun ideas! I will be back often!

Anna said...

I use Glue Dots for everything...ribbon, paper, metal, etc. They are sticky sticky sticky! Cute ideas Kristi!

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Those are so cute. I am so addicted to Invitations and I do all my kids b-days. I use Pagemaker 6.0 for all my desktop publishing stuff. But I think your program is much more affordable. Love it!!

denise @ little ant design said...

when i see the cute things you do with SFD i get way frustrated - i can't find it anywhere. i realize it can be done with other programs but you speak so highly of this one i just feel like i have to have it.

the invites are adorable - love the embossing. your ideas are amazing

Mandy said...

cute invitations! Brown and blue are my favorite colors right now.

Elizabeth said...

I love when you share these with us. I am excited to experiment with some invitations in photoshop.

Amanda said...

I am so glad you posted this,I am throwing a shower for a friend next month and needed ideas.Thanks!

Natasha said...

Cute, cute!
I thought of you today when I found my thrift store bargains!

Michelle Alley said...

Really cute, and love love those stamps.

Kristi said...

SO cute! Thanks for posting your cute invites!!

michelle said...

So cute! Love the embossed oval. And the stamps are to die for! What a cool shape! Once again I'm whimpering over not being able to use SFD on my Mac...

Rachel said...

Ok seriously....WAY TOO CUTE!!! You are making my next birth announcements. Everything is darling, the colors,the design, and the best part the embossing!!!
Dang it!

anosh said...

شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض
شراء اثاث مستعمل الرياض
اثاث مستعمل بالرياض
حقين شراء الاثاث المستعمل بالرياض
شراء اثاث مستعمل شمال الرياض
شركات شراء الاثاث المستعمل بالرياض